Sign in to follow this  
dolph98

ATC Forgets About Me...

At some airports, I start up and ask for taxi clearance. I get it and move along to the EOR, where I wait my turn and finally pull up to the HS line. I switch frequencies to the tower and tell him/her that I'm ready for take-off clearance. ATC tells me to hold short, directs inbound planes in, and never says a word to me. I have turned around and come back to the HS line and there still is no ATC (nor is there a choice in the ATC box to say "HELLO!"). I have to pull into take-off position for them to remember me.Any workarounds or tweaks for this?dolph

Guest martin842

This will occur at very busy airports. ATC will give priority to landing aircraft, so it may simply be the case that there are so many incoming aircraft that there is never enough space to allow you to enter the runway and take off.The simplest way around this is to advance the time by a few minutes, which refreshes the AI, and gives you ample space to take off. You can do this at the hold-short point, and there is no need for you to restart your flight. After the refresh, ATC will immediately clear you for takeoff.You could also try AISmooth for a more elegant solution.Martin

Thanks, I d/l'd it and will give it a try tomorrow night. And www.flyways.info seems to have some other interesting things to try as well. dolph

>This will occur at very busy airports. ATC will give priority>to landing aircraft, so it may simply be the case that there>are so many incoming aircraft that there is never enough space>to allow you to enter the runway and take off.>>The simplest way around this is to advance the time by a few>minutes, which refreshes the AI, and gives you ample space to>take off. You can do this at the hold-short point, and there>is no need for you to restart your flight. After the refresh,>ATC will immediately clear you for takeoff.>>You could also try AISmooth for a more elegant solution.>>Martin>I do have my traffic set as high as it goes. Maybe I should trim it down some?

Default FS9 ATC is dumb as a rock. I also use the "advance time" feature to clear out ai during takeoff and landings.ricardo

>Default FS9 ATC is dumb as a rock. I also use the "advance>time" feature to clear out ai during takeoff and landings.>>ricardo I use the TrafficToolbox to delete a few of the aircraft in line in front of me or on approach to give me a "slot" to get airborne or to prevent a "go around"...this is less invasive to me in terms of keeping the AI environment mostly intact. I generally use the "map" mode to locate/delete the unwanted aircraft. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest Bob Z

I believe this also happens if the HS node is too far from the runway. I think the max distance is 200 feet or so. The afcad error checker will catch this except if there is an overrun area involved.ie. The taxiway is connected to the overrun area of the runway but an overrun is not considered part of a runway, therefore it is considered as distance from the runway to the HS node.There is a procedure at PAI, I think, that shows how to convert an overrun to a displaced threshhold, which IS considered part of the runway.

I don't think I want to remove any flights, I have it turned up for realism. I think it's cool to wait my turn, I have time to look around, set my AP, use NAV3 and look at stuff and such. (Actually I get bored to tears but it is realistic nonetheless.)dolph

Guest LAzerxxx

Dolph, I myself have Traffic 2005 and it comes with AISmooth (d/l update to v1.1) and it works great. Even before I got T2005 I had this because I was coming in for a landing while on a flight in FSPassenger and was rundown by an American 757, I could actually see my wing come off and I tilted and whirled straight to the ground. Happy Flying, Hayden Lee Laffoonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Thanks, all!I have used the reset ATC flight and it works exactly as I need. I get clearance and don't even see the AI disappear. It resets all AI but I don't care. Once I've left the airspace it's all good. dolph