Sign in to follow this  
Guest dodger

Drag Chute

Guest dodger

Hi All, Where can i find the information for a drag chute fitted to an aircraft, i would like to put a chute into another plane ,is it in the air file or aircraft CFG file or WHU, also is it possible to add one? Thanks for any help.

Guest pilotbrian0

Visually, a drag chute could be added using just a simple xml controlled animation.Do you have spoilers on the aircraft yet? If not... the best way to implement the chute would be to place the spoilers back where the end of the chute is, and to set their lift effect to 0.Then write a simple gauge that whenever the spoilers are deployed checks if you are in flight and if you are, retracts them, and then upon landing automatically deploys them.You could then have the animation itself tied to the spoiler control.If you already have a spoiler, I'm not sure what other options you'd have for the physics of the chute.-Brian

Guest dodger

Hello Brian, Well i should have made it a bit clearer, what i have is Kirf Olson's F16 in 2004 without a drag chute, i downloaded another of his F16 and that has a chute but for some reason this model is showing up smaller in the sim and i would like to know how i can put the chute from this model to my other one, Where can i find the chute ? i found two bmp's called chute in the texture folder is there anything in the effects/ gauges folder ? The chute in the second F16 is triggered by the airbrakes when hitting / after landing and i just would like to make it work in my first model, Thanks again.

Guest pilotbrian0

Step 1: Fly the two planes, find out if t here is a noticeable difference in decel on the one with the chute.Step 2: IF there IS, copy the

section out of the second one's aircraft.cfg and into the first one.Step 3: IF there IS, copy the entire Panel folder out of the second one and into the first one.You now have the effects of the chute in the first one.As for model wise, there is nothing you can do, short of making a new model yourself with the chute animation tied to the spoiler animation.

Guest dodger

Hi Brian, Thanks for the help, i have had to do a System Restore so i will have to download the second F16 with the chute again later when i have sorted my problems out, Thanks again, Regards.