Sign in to follow this  
Guest Psychopsilo420

FS9 error I have not seen before.

Guest Psychopsilo420

HEY fellow simmers, I was wondering if any of you have seen this or know how i can go about fixing it. I installed FSX a few days ago, on the same computer with FS9. For those few days they have been working fine. Today I get this error message when starting FS9."Your computer has run out of available memory. Flight Simulator will now exit. You may not have enough free space on your hard drive. Run Disk Cleanup to yadda yadda yadda..." So I did that, ran disk cleanup, was clean, ran diskeeper defragment, all was well. Looked at my hard drives capacity and theres more pink than blue. I uninstalled FSX thinking maybe that was the cause but no such luck.So Im out of ideas, and I dont want to reinstall FS9 since its a real pain in the derriere (sp?) So...with all that said and done, I leave it to you. Here are the system specs.Windowx XP SP2Intel Pent 4 3.00GHz1.00 GB RAMNvidia 6800 256MBClocked at 434MHz and 1.11GHzThanks againJustin

No one particular issue can probably be pointed to.Have you recently installed new third party scenery's? Including AFCAD files?I have read about duplicate/competing AFCAD files causing this, as well as scenery folders with empty texture sub-folders, etc.Not sure how FSX could effect you existing FS9 install.

Guest Psychopsilo420

Nope no new AFCAD. I only use GEPRO and AS6. Thats whats so confusing, why suddenly this just happend. Im starting to think im gonna have to reinsall FS9 which becomes really time consuming. With all the addons, and stuff.

It might not be a new scenery, perhaps it is a scenery with a missing seasonal texture. I have all sorts of problems since FS switched from summer to fall.-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest LAzerxxx

Justin,this is off topic. I was just wondering what company distrubutes you graphics card. I have an XFX 6800XT 256 GDDR3 OC'd to 475 and 1.14. The temp on it never gets above 75C, the Core slowdown threshold is set to 125c and is set to that (can't change it). I have only tested the core temp on FS2004 so far, but plan on seeing what happens with GRAW. I'll let you know if interestedXFX included an OC'ing function into their software.Happy Flying, Hayden Lee Laffoonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg