Sign in to follow this  
flysupersonic

senery problem

Hey guys,I was working on an airport in afcad the other day, and for some reason that airport doenst appear in mine fs 2004 anymore. I can still load it in afcad and work on it but again it wont show up. Whats the problem here and how can i solve it ? thanx

hi,the missing airport could be saved in a location other than where you think it is - I've had it happen: I think I remember seeing the path name displayed somewhere in AFCAD when/as you load an af2 file. Check that OR start a "save as" and see where it tries to put it...The other possibility is a duplicate file already existing and the conflict causes neither to show (less likely)."Somewhere" at one of the major sites, I found a nice little utility called "scanAFD" that will find duplicates but also read the details inside so far as numbers of parking etc.One remaining issue - when open in AFCAD, do you run the "find errors" test to see if there's something amiss?If you save your edited files with the AF2 prefix, you could also do a Windows search and see if the missing file turns up in another folder somewhere.Hope this helps.Loyd

Hey thanx bud i appreciate it ill try all your advice, i also forgot to mention that this was an default airport of fs 9 but ill try what you siad thanx alot

Guest drmweaver2

Even with a default airport, you can still do a generic Windows search... just type the icao code into the search filename box, tell the OS/search function roughly where to search (whole disk, C:, fs9 directory only, etc.) and let if do the grunt work.Once found, if it's not in the right place, simply move it.

hey i dont clearly understand what it is im supposed to look for, my bgl file for the senery or the whole aiplane, i did what u told me too and it still isnt there.One thing i did notice that one folde included an exc file i think that file make the default airport dissapeare is the right? other than that im pretty lost. any ideas?thanx

continuing the search?The original airport information is inside one of the many apxxxx.bgl files. When AFCAD 'opens' that file to edit an airport, it can only save the changed information into a new file with a higher priority. There must be an AF2_nnnn.bgl that YOU saved when you were finished. It should be located in the fs9addon sceneryscenery folder because this folder (with its contents) takes priority over the default scenery. If you did create a new af2 file, when you restart AFCAD and click 'file' from the menu, you should see the file(s) you recently edited; click any one of them and the edited file is reloaded - and the filename is displayed in the AFCAD title bar. That is the filename you must have created and it must exist somewhere on your machine. If AFCAD doesn't show the file you thought you created, then maybe it really didn't get created at all.Hope you find it!Loyd