Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagle92395

Good Ohio area mesh??

Guest Eagle92395

I like to fly around Ohio, visit towns and places I've been. But I usually end up flying near the Rocky Mtns, Europe, Alaska...etc because the default terrain in Ohio sucks. Admittedly, Ohio is rather flat in spots, but even areas like Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinatti seem awfully small for their respective sizes. Anyone know of any good mesh/sceneries for this area???

Guest Eagle92395

Anyone know of sceneries?? I have an airport pack that adds buildings and things to the airports, but it just seems so dull ;-)

...wait a month or so.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

oh sorry, that was for CLE, for CVG look around the AVSIM or flightsim.com file libraries.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

You mentioned in your first post that Ohio metro areas look too small. Of course. mesh won't help this. But if you haven't already done so, I would suggest downloading the beta 6.0 U.S. landclass from FSGenesis.com. It really fills in the scenic voids in the Buckeye State.

Guest Eagle92395

Thanks for all the replies... I downloaded the meshes and at least it's a "bit" more robust looking. I know Ohio isn't THAT flat ;)

It seems that you're actually looking for landclass, not mesh. Mesh is the elevation map for the terrain, and landclass is what textures get placed on top of the mesh. If you're looking for towns/cities that aren't there right now, you need landclass - the best for both mesh and landclass are at www.fsgenesis.net.Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Lizardo

I fly out of Cincinnati and all over the state, and have tried all of the landclass, and the best one I've found is mv_lc1package.zip here at Avsim. Mesh-wize, Denny's on CD "puts 'em where I see 'em"

Guest Eagle92395

Its starting to look better ;)