Sign in to follow this  
Guest MatthewSchoenberg

Changing sounds in "spot" view

Guest MatthewSchoenberg

I need some help in changing the sound profiles in FS9.When you are in "cockpit" view the simulator plays sounds as if you were in the cockpit and hearing those sounds.When you are in "spot" view the simulator changes and plays sounds as if you were on the outside of the plane listening to those sounds.My question is can you make an adjustment or change a file so that when you have the simulator in "spot" view, the simulator plays sounds as if you were in "cockpit" view.In other words, I want the "cockpit" view sounds to play in both the "cockpit" view as well as the "spot" view.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Matthew

hi,yes it should be possible, although i've never tried it :-) - open the relevant aircraft sound.cfg and replace all external sound entries (starting with "x") with your internal sound entries. should work!hope this helps!cheersharald

Guest MatthewSchoenberg

I have looked at the aircraft sound config files and they only point to a folder that has all the sound files in them. They do not have any sound entries.I am sue there is a way to do this by finding the correct sound config file or renaming the external files to interanl files.Anyone familiar with this and specifically how to do it. I am not familiar with the names of the files for the interior and exterior.Your help is greatly appreciated.Matthew

Guest MatthewSchoenberg

I have now found the sound config file in the aircraft sound folder and where it said "x" I deleted the "x" so it would play the same name file that did not have an "x" which I assume is the internal sound. This did not work.I also went to the actual sounds and all the sound files that had "X" in their name I replaced with the sound files that did not have an "X" by renaming the files without an "X" to include an "X". This did not work either.Please help. I am sure there is a way to do this.One of our fellow simmers that is very familiar with or makes the sound files will know I am sure.