Sign in to follow this  
karbil

FSAutoStart

I am posting my question here as I can not get a resonse from Ken's site. I have used FSAutoStart successfully in the past with FS9. When I uninstalled FS9,installed FSX and found I could not run it on my machine, unistalled FSX, re-installed FS9, and reinstalled the newer version of FSautoStart, the new version will not install as the new version, will not show the new start button, and I can not get it to configure FS9 as a program to start. I was able to install it correctly in my son's machine and all works fine. Does anyone have any ideas as I love the program and it does help FS9 to run better. Thanks for any advice, Bob K.

Why did you uninstall FS9 in the first place? Bad idea. ;-)Newer version of FSAutoStart? AFAIK, this is the latest version. Is that what you mean with new? Before you installed this newer version, did you uninstall the old one?I suggest you uninstall FSAutoStart. Then make sure the FSAutoStart folder in Program Files is gone. Then Go to Start > Run > %appdata% and hit your enter key. Make sure the FSAutoStart folder there in the Application Data folder is gone too. Then reinstall FSAutostart and configure it. Don't see why it wouldn't work.If it still doesn't, be more specific with the errors you're getting.

Mike...

Bob, I can't help but I know what you are talking about. For a long time I had mine configured for FS9 and another profile for starting "game cam" then starting FS9. I tried to set up another profile for the Demo FSX when I ran into problems and error messages.I haven't really tried to trouble shoot it. After several attempts I got the FS9 profile re-established. I have only one profile now for FS9.Daryll

I have the exact same problem as you Daryll, how did you get rid of all the error messages? I can't seem to work it out, and I don't want to have to start a profile from scratch!Aaron

Aaron, I can't help much. I deleted my profiles until I got to the default profile that I couldn't delete. I then just re-named it FS9. That's why I only have one, it's the default one.Daryll

Hey Mike and everyone else having this problem. Mike's fix is a keeper. I did everyting he suggested, re-installed FSAutoStart, and all is working fine. Thanks Mike for your help. Bob K.

I just wanted to complete this thread about FSAutostart.To avoid getting the error messages after setting the configuration for a new application, you must exit FSAutostart and restart it. A simple step that we didn't complete.Daryll