Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

new catalyst 6.10 good for FS9 and X850XT?

Is there a version number for the Oct. release of DirectX 9c?From dxdiag mine is (4.09.0000.0904).I have about 18 lines in my DirectX files that have the date 10/29/06. I am guessing that my Direct X has been updated to the Oct. version without my knowledge. Would this be the case?Thanks Daryll

Hornit,That's a different setting.Texture_Max_Load=1024 (global settings)TextureMaxLoad=10 goes right below the Texture_Bandwidth_Multi setting and needs to be added manually.I can confirm that this extra .cfg setting works.Default without the .cfg setting line is 3It actually comes from Steve Lacey (ex MS) in one of his blog responses.Glenn

Hi,No, I think that was the fiber... and other FSX tweaks that didn't work in FS9. The Max Load tweak does appear to work in FS9.Hope this helps,

Guest il fanciullo

"Some folks dont get the Joke...I guess Your going to have everyone trying this..sheesh."Hornit,No Joke.....................................................My post does not refer to the line Texture_Max_Load which is controlled as you correctly state but the global texture slider in the setting within the FS9 UI.TextureMaxLoad=10, if you read the information carefully serves an entirely different purpose, and works best if used with a frame rate limit because unlimited frames will attempt to give you the highest frame rate possible at the expense of graphics resolution etc. So......I hope everyone does try this because it can give great results, and backing up your original .cfg file takes no more than a few seconds.Salute, Il Fanciullo

Guest Ed Lin

Well, joke or not, I just finished a flight from Cleveland to Chicago Midway with the TextureMaxLoad=10 and the Directx 9c update. No benchmarks here, but it was the first time w/FS9 that I've been able to fly into the CHicago area, clear weather or stormy, with AI traffic in full regalia and a smooth approach.Ed Lin, D.O.S.

I also flew very smoothly yesterday with the Dx9 and the tweak.I usually don't fly at night, but this time, I was cought by dusk on my way to KELP.I approach to KELP rwy22. I noticed that when switching view (from VC to wing view, ie rear right). It took longer for the ground texture to sharpen with an initial high blur. Maybe it is because of dusk? Maybe it is because of the MaxTextureLoad=10?I am not sure I have the correcy setting with:- fsp locked at 20- texture_bandwith_ = 100- MaxTextureLoad=10I have a X850XT with 6xAA and 8xAF.I thought these settings were supposed to maximize texture load time without stutters?ThanksGhiom

Alright, since nobody answered this question directly, I decided to download and install the new drivers (for my XT).IMO, on my machine, these may be the best drivers I have used thus far from ATI. I have had nothing but degraded performance with anything beyond the 6.2 drivers, but these drivers seem really solid. I don't think I've ever had such rock solid frame rates from clear to cloudy conditions. I think they got it right with this set.

Sorry.....yes the 6.10's are very good. I installed them a couple of days ago myself.Glenn

Guest RonB49

Does anyone know if they recognize three monitors attached to a PCIe card (2) and a PCI card (1)? Recent releases have not worked. R-

Hmmm,Probably not. I would imagine it would only recognise the 4 heads on the two GPU's in the PCIe slots.Glenn

With the texturemaxload=10 tweak, you dont want to put the bandwidth multi setting beyond 120.

Ghiom,It should be TextureMaxLoad=10, not MaxTextureLoad=10Did you mistype or is your .cfg really like that?If it is, change it as above.Glenn

GlennI just wanted to acknowledge your input of 120 max for Texture_Bandwidth_Multi when using TextureMaxLoad=10. I am giving it a try at 120.thanks Daryll

I got it guys, yeah I screwed it up ;) Sorry.DOH! Will try this tonight!Hornit