Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

new catalyst 6.10 good for FS9 and X850XT?

Hellohas someone some feedback on this new release of drivers?especially following the october update of Dx9c.I am using a X850XT.Thank you and regards,Ghiom

I installed both the latest Dx9c along with the latest Omega drivers, FS9 performs like never before. Of course I've also added the lines, TextureMaxLoad=10 andPoolSize=5000000to my FS9.cfg file to speed things up a bit. I highly recommend the update. :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

ThanksTo what section you put texturemaxload=10 in fs9.cfg?Thank you.Do you know whether it is MANDATORY to reinstall drivers after Dx9 update?Thank youGhiom

Guest blaster331

Greetings All,Dillon can you tell us where the buffer pool goes and do the omega 6.9 drivers take advantage of the Oct update of DirectX ?Thanks for the heads up GhiomBest regardsAndrew

Hi,These 2 FSX tweaks also did miracles for me. To be entered in the FS9.CFG section: = 1 = 3

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Update DX9 to the latest version for sure. The buffer pool entry can go at the end of the list in the FS9.cfg file (last entry).

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

:D....now...I wish someone would resond about the new drivers. I have an 850XT, and am currently running the 6.2 (or 6.4?) drivers. I have not found the newest ones to be very good performers.

Thank youCan you please precise whether the "<" are required? Usually, FS.cfg entries come without...Thank you.Ghiom

Yes, now that I have been awake for 3 hours, I realize it must have been a joke! I initially posted the mail jumping out of bed!It's a good one!!!Thanks.Still, if you had a piece of advice on the best driver for X850XT?

Guest Ed Lin

I guess it's a bit early in the AM for me. I had to read the " = 1; = 3" post a couple of times to "get it".Funny! But I thought that I'd read that the real tweaks noted earlier on actually had no effect on FS9 but the purported improvement in the sim was due to the DX9c update?Ed Lin, D.O.S.

Guest blaster331

Greetings All,I updated to direct x Oct release and updated my drivers to omega 6.9 added texturemaxload10 to the config file and with all sliders maxed i am getting 25 fps almost anywhere. Truly amazes me that such a simple step got me more results in 10 mins then all the tweaking i ve done in the past 3 years.This infi is on another thread right hereBest regardsAndrew

Guest il fanciullo

'PoolSize=5000000'As far as I am aware this tweak only works with FSX.As for the TextureMaxLoad tweak, here is the info that I posted in another thread. This one does work! (N.B. I did not write the following, simply copied and pasted it from another forum)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------NOTE: THIS TWEAK IS NOT ONE FOUND ON FLIGHT SIM SITES. IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE FS9.CFG FILE IS OR WHAT THE CONTENTS MEAN, DON

Setting texture max load to 10 forces FS to put all your textures except terrain I think....to thier lowest levels. If you like autogen it will become a blurry mess. It sets the slider for global texture settings in the sim to the far left If you put it at 10. My vid card is an X800XL and is easily capable of having it all the way to the right making the cfg setting show a number of 1024 which corresponds to the texture size allowing anything less than that to display at its highest resolution.Some folks dont get the Joke I guess :) Your going to have everyone trying this..sheesh. Doesnt matter what you set the frame rate too you are still going to get very low res textures with that set like that. With my P4 3.6ghz machine I am locked at 35 and its great unless Im in some horredous scenery with lots of AI. Hornit

Hornit you are mixing up texture_max_load and texturemaxload, they are different options that go in different places