Sign in to follow this  
Guest richpress

virtual cockpit. height adjustment.

Guest richpress

I use the virtual cockpit most of the time in nearly all aircraft.I have programmed a button on my yoke to activate "eyepoint reset". I have found that some height adjustment has been necessary in some aircraft but on pressing eyepoint reset it reverts to the default setting. Can this setting be edited and if so how?Richard

>I use the virtual cockpit most of the time in nearly all>aircraft.I have programmed a button on my yoke to activate>"eyepoint reset". I have found that some height adjustment has>been necessary in some aircraft but on pressing eyepoint reset>it reverts to the default setting. Can this setting be edited>and if so how?>RichardHi Richard, if I recall the eyepoint reset is the keyboard equivalent to pressing the space bar - if so, this will simply reset and center the view. On my ch yoke I have a button programmed to raise the eyepoint view, and is the equivelent to the keyboard function of shift (plus) enter keys. Is this what your looking for? FWIW, I also use the ctrl (plus) enter or backspace keys to move the eyepoint back/forward and you can also use ctrl (plus) + or - keys to move either direction laterally. Hope this makes sense? Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 6.9's6x Adaptive AA/16x HQ A/FIntegrated SoundDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Regards, Kendall

Guest richpress

Many thanks for your response.To raise and lower the eyepoint I use the shift + enter or Shift + backspace. My problem is if after panning I wish to centre the eyepoint the height adjustment previously made reverts to the default height What I am wanting to do is to set a new default.Richard

>Many thanks for your response.To raise and lower the eyepoint>I use the shift + enter or Shift + backspace. My problem is if>after panning I wish to centre the eyepoint the height>adjustment previously made reverts to the default height What>I am wanting to do is to set a new default.>RichardHi Richard,You can adjust the default eyepoint in the aircraft.cfg file using notepad. The entry is under the Views section and looks similar to this:eyepoint=46.900, -1.507, 5.368The first number is longitudinal(positive=forward-negative=aft), second is lateral(negative=left-positive=right) and the third is height(negative=lower-positive=higher)in relation to the centre point of the model. You can adjust these numbers to your liking but be sure to make a backup of the aircraft.cfg file before editing it.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpgwww.SSTSIM.com

I use Active Camera. You can assign ten keystrokes for each aircraft to go whichever exact eyepoints you decide: pilot's view forward, left, right, co-pilot's eyepoint, passengers, throttles, radios etc. It works very well. Or get Track IR!

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

Note that when you change the eyepoint= in aircraft.cfg, you will probably want to take a look at VIEW_FORWARD_DIR= in your 2d panel.cfg and adjust that.scott s..

Guest il fanciullo

I use the virtual cockpit most of the time in nearly all aircraft.I have programmed a button on my yoke to activate "eyepoint reset"I think I understand what you are trying to do. If I am correct you do not want to reset the eyepoint but the view i.e. you have been panning in the VC and you want to look foward without readjusting your eyepoint (head position realtive to the VC i.e. up, down, foward, back etc.)What you need to do if this is the case is assign a button (I use one next to the hatswitch on my joystick) to the Pan View Reset command. I haven't got FS9 on this PC so can't double check this at the mo. but it's either that or the look foward command.Let me know how you get on if it doesn't work I'll double check my config.Ciao, Il Fanciullo

Guest richpress

Many thanks for all your responses. I adjusted the aircraft config file trial and error and now have the perfect height. Fantastic!!.Richard