Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

FS-Blaze version 1.1 released

FS-Blaze is an application which converts forest fire data (real-time via NOAA, or historical) into scenery for FS9 (FSX support will be in v2.0). Screenshots are available at our website (www.fs-freeflow.com) and here at AVSIM.New to version 1.1:* Fire data downloaded from NOAA is saved locally for later use (that's for you Jim! :-smooch )* Thermals and turbulence are (optionally) generated by the fires* Intersections are added to the FS9 navigation database to ease location of the fires.* Enhanced smoke effects.Enjoy!Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Thanks Scott!!Now, how long on an FSX version?? I haven't touched FS04 since I installed FSX!!I'll try things out over the next few days.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development Team Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com/

It might be quick if the effects attached to models compile and display in FSX properly. Still reading the new SDK. It will be a few weeks, regardless - we're putting the final touches on our Bahamas scenery for FS9. I've been restraining myself from installing FSX until that project is done! Thanks!sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

I had the earlier version working great. I uninstalled and installed v1.1. and got this error when clicking "create fires":ee the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.************** Exception Text **************System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex must be less than length of string.Parameter name: startIndex at System.String.Remove(Int32 startIndex) at Fire.Form1.GetDataNOAA() at Fire.Form1.button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)************** Loaded Assemblies **************mscorlib Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll----------------------------------------FS-Blaze Assembly Version: 1.1.1.7 Win32 Version: 1.1.1.7 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Games/Addon%20Scenery/FS-Blaze/FS-Blaze.exe----------------------------------------System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll----------------------------------------System Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll----------------------------------------System.Drawing Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll----------------------------------------System.Xml Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll----------------------------------------System.Configuration Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll----------------------------------------************** JIT Debugging **************To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for thisapplication or computer (machine.config) must have thejitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.The application must also be compiled with debuggingenabled.For example:When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exceptionwill be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computerrather than be handled by this dialog box.Wha't that?Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

You must uninstall the previous version - or just go to the "FS-BlazeWork" folder and delete FS-Blaze.iniShould work fine.

Hi there,I did of course uninstall the previous version. The new v1.1 program works indeed fine with the provided historic fires. But when I try the option to download from the NOAA website the program gives this previously mentioned error. I also tried your suggestion to delete the ini file and retry but with the same results.Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Okay - thanks Rob, I'll have to look into that. Would you mind emailing me directly? gridley<-a-t->fs-freeflow.com?