Sign in to follow this  
01pewterz28

Gonna fly the full motion MD-90 sim at Flight Safety in

Guest lawyerpilot

I signed up for up to 2 hours of time in the full motion sim at FLight Safety's Boeing Long Beach facility next Tuesday. I will post pics in the screenshot forum. They had time in the MD-11 and 737-200, but I decided for an EFIS cockpit vs. analog and I felt like the MD-11 was overkill...although I would have tried the 777....Any recomendations from RW pilots on the best MD-90 panel with flight model? Is it the Marco Spada panels with the Super 80-90 flight model?Let me know, I am so excited!!!! Gonna be in L.V, L.A., and San Diego the whole week.Happy Flying!ChristopherP4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -220 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Guest lawyerpilot

P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -220 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Well, I can't help you out with a recommendation for the panel and .air file (but I am quite happy with Paul's MD-90 panel and the FFG plane).I would like to ask you, though...how were you able to get sim time? Do you just call up, say, "I'm a pilot," and fork over some cash?Seriously, though, I'm not a pilot, but I would love to get in a sim one day for the experience. I'm assuming that United's "Pilot for a Day" program has disappeared, and I'm assuming also that in today's world you can't just walk up out of the blue and request sim time.Anyhoo...I know you'll have a BLAST and can't wait to see your pictures. Excellent taste in airplanes, by the way.

Guest estevesm

You won't believe how real these simulators are. I flew 2 hours in a 747-200 sim in Brazil (Varig's training center) in one of those "pilot for a day" things.Flying the 747 in FS98 (this was in 98) helped a lot...You'll see how easy and immersing the experience will be. You'll also feel sad that you have to go back to a PC with a stick.... :-)RgdsMarcelo

Normally all you have to do is call up and schedule sim time this is what I did for the TK, or call up my buddy to get some time.Now with the 9/11 thing it might be different just call up Flight Safety Intl and see.John

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.