Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Captain Sim is having a great FS9 sale!

>Would be nice if one of CS's customers were a lawyer. >Hehe, the last thing I would want is to get a lawyer involved. In reality, I honestly want to see CS succeed and to give us the flightsim addons we all want. I don

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Well, once again (not that I was totally surprised, only surprised that they answered me so directly without regard to the implications), CS has confirmed what we've been speculating all along in reference to Blocks D & F.In summary, it seems CS purposely held back (or preempted) Blocks D & F for FS9 with the specific intent of honoring their promise that all FSX 757 upgrades would be free.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest AOA

LOLOh for Gods sake,a Space Shuttle?Well CS is out there in orbit so the irony is`nt lost.;)I wonder how many blocks and versions of FS it will take to complete?My name is Jose JemenizvichPete

Oh come on. A space shuttle could be a lot of fun.I don't mean to play the CS a really excited user (even though I do like their stuff), but seriously, a CS shuttle would probably be a gas (as well as gorgeous). A bit of custom scenery for Edwards AFB and those megalong runways, coming in at Mach5 in a shuttle, that's gotta be fun.If CS screwed over some of its customers than CS should square up with them. Plain and simple. But lets not paint ourselves into a corner because of it.

Guest AOA

Canada"If CS screwed over some of its customers than CS should square up with them. Plain and simple. But lets not paint ourselves into a corner because of it."Yeah but the point is that you oops I mean CS does it all the time and has done so for a long time.It`s the reason I don`t buy CS stuff and won`t reccomend it to any other simmer.It seems to me that CS is the one painting themselves into a corner.Pete

>I don't mean to play the CS a really excited user (even though I do like>their stuff)I like their stuff too. Visually, all of their models are stunning, you'll never hear me complain about that. :)Unfortunately, I also like high fidelity flight models and accurate avionics..you know

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest FSJUNKIE

>Thank goodness that 'Carenado' are not fleecing us and have>provided the facility to load our FS9 purchases into FSX for>nothing.>>This gesture is one that others could take notice of, it's the>best advertising anyone could make.>>Well done Carenado, I will not hesitate to buy more of your>products.My sentiments exactly. Carenado arguably puts out the best pound-for-pound GA planes in the business. They are well aware of this reputation and how important it is to future business. Unless Carenado plans to break into another segment or expand it's GA lineup considerably, you would have thought they would have been the developer with the greatest incentive to try to fleece the community. I mean, how many Cessnas or similar GA planes do you really need? Or, how much could Carenado have really improved on their already top notch fleet by putting out FSX versions? I don't know that they could have by much. The incentive was definetly there for them to go for the cash, but they didn't. I'm usually not a a really excited user and I'm adamant about treating flightsim purchases as nothing more than basic consumer activity...business. But, I'm definitely more inclined to add whatever aircraft Carenado puts out in the future to my hangar just to show my "support" for their operation. I've read quite a few posts explaining why some developers are charging significant amounts for FSX upgrades, and hey I can understand all of that. But what I've also sensed and personally feel is that many simmers are eager to get off of the payware train as soon as possible. I've actually had feelings of shame and self-disgust as I've browsed my many gigs of payware for FS9...that's why I chose my callsign for pete's sake! The irresistable "new car" feeling is what entices my purchases usually; the excitement and anticipation of the download, install, and initial takeoff roll. "New car" feelings are a one-time deal and they wear off fairly quickly...then a shiny new model comes out and you start all over just like a junkie trying to find the feeling of the first time again! No, seriously then you just have a good, not-so-good, or bad piece of programming on your hands.The point is, there's absolutely no incentive for me personally to pay out the nose just to fly a particular plane in FSX that I already own. I love payware, and I don't think my description of the addict's cycle is an uncommon perception. I also don't think our developers realize what's at stake when they make some of these decisions. It would take a lot of mods (overhaul) to restore the "new car" feeling to an old piece of payware I'm thinking. FS9 will remain installed on my PC if I feel the need to fly the Eaglesoft Citation X for example. Not singling out Eaglesoft; that goes for PMDG, Aerosoft, or any other developer if it applies. Not being willing to "pay to play" in FSX exactly what I already paid for once in FS9 will go a long way in curing MY ailment! (I hope! :-hmmm ) I'll definitely still buy payware, I'm not delusional, but it will be new stuff with new features. I've been reading a lot of posts about a lot of people getting burned by developers lately (or simply not handled with care in some cases). Developers, I suggest you read my description of the addict's cycle and push the "I believe" button or at least get to know your core customers better. I want a good product from a reputable developer and I don't waste much time with the rest. Keyword: reputable. I know you can't please all of the people all of the time, and some of the sore customers' posts have been confessions of outright ridiculous decision-making on their parts, but some of this stuff just shouldn't be making the news (Translation: could have been prevented by YOU)...I'M SURE it's going to be bad for business. FIX IT!! And to be fair, if a developer has gone back and fixed a once sour deal with any of the readers and posters here, you need to be as vocal and as visual with reporting such updates.

"Yeah but the point is that you oops I mean CS does it all the time..."Now, now, don't be like that. I am entitled to my opinion as are you and I'm not making any personal comments about your posts. I've said in all my posts that if CS screwed its customers, then CS should square up with them. I also said there were obvious CS business practices and forum etiquette problems. I also said there were CS products I would not buy because I don't like the way they are being sold. I really don't think I'm playing the blind a really excited user here.On the other hand, fair is fair. I read the F-104 reviews, bought the F-104 from CS without any hassle regarding payment, DL, or install, and when I loaded up the Starfighter on FS9 and went for a boot, it worked perfectly and I had a great time. What can I say, I had fun. I'm not going to apologize for it.

Guest AOA

HiIt`s not a matter of"if"CS is screwing it`s customers and they should not have to raise #### to get them to do the right thing.In an earlier post you mentioned that you bought the 707 and now you go on about the 104.So tell me are you satisfied with that as well?If so then there are alot of folks that would not agree with you.Maybe CS should stick to visual models and farm out the flightmodels/avionics to a group that knows what they are doing.At least then they might have a case for charging what they do for their products.Well anyway this my last word on the subject and have enough addons of a quality/price that I find acceptable.Pete

>Hi>In an earlier post you mentioned that you bought the 707 and>now you go on about the 104.So tell me are you satisfied with>that as well?>PeteYes, I'm sorry to admit that I enjoy them both. Even worse, I enjoy the CS C-130 as well. I am so ashamed. :( But I'll try to be a good boy and promise never to have fun again. Really I won't.

Steve Dra:well done! Do they pay you for the anti-CS drive? ;)Funny, if we check any CS topic we find same three top anti-CS vocalists like AOA, Ricardo41, JIMJAM and probably some 5 more and that's it. But they make such a hype! so some ppl might wonder why there are so many negative postings on CS?Simply because in mostly cases if

Guest andrav

Well I think this is pretty academic really. I would be VERY surprised if any complex addons would be flyable in FSX at large international airports with current mainstream hardware. I certainly wouldn't be buying any until sufficient headroom with FSX is being left to use the addons with the average computer/gaming video card combination.I expect the addon developers are going to have a hard time to satisfy their customers for a while until the technology catches up.Don

>Steve Dra:>well done! Do they pay you for the anti-CS drive? ;)>>Funny, if we check any CS topic we find same three top anti-CS>vocalists like AOA, Ricardo41, JIMJAM and probably some 5 more>and that's it. But they make such a hype! so some ppl might>wonder why there are so many negative postings on CS?>>Simply because in mostly cases if

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

>I think i'm going to add my 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg