Sign in to follow this  
Guest kmorris

The FSDzigns Team has lost a good friend

Guest kmorris

To the Flight Simulator Community:It is with heavy heart that we announce the passing of The FSDzigns founder John Howard White. John Howard White passed away early in the morning of October 31, 2006 after a long illness. John was a good friend to all of us and he will be missed. We are all better people for having known John.John was a fighter pilot in Vietnam, a commercial pilot in Convairs, at one time worked for Walt Disney as an illustrator, an archetect, musician, avid photographer, woodworker, and FS Add-on Developer.John was an inspiration to everyone on the FSDzigns Team. He brought together a group of people, from widely diverse backgrounds, and formed a team that raised the bar of expectations for add-on aircraft development. John's goal was to bring a new realism to the FS Community. We think we accomplished that goal.John's dream was to bring the entire Lockheed Constellation fleet to the FS Community. He got the L-049A released and was working on the other models when he experienced some major health issues. Over many months, John worked on the project as he was able. John's last message, dated October 20, 2006, to the Team was that he was improving and was about to start working again on the next release, but time ran out. If it is possible we would like to see John's dream completed, but for now we are uncertain what the future holds.Our thoughts and prayers are with John's wife and family. We extend to them our deepest sympathy.The FSDzigns Team

Guest JTEK99

Although we're all getting older and these losses are part of life, I can't help feel a pang of regret at this particular passing of another intrepid flyer, designer and shining member of the community.My prayers and heartfelt sympathy with John's family as well. And thanks for the notice about John.

Very sad indeed.My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.God Speed John.

My thoughts and prayers for John and his family.As someone who flew on Connie's in Vietnam, I've had a special love for the bird, and the FSDZ was as good as it gets.

Guest Henri W

Very sad news.My thoughts are with John and his family and friends. Henri

Everytime I hear of a fellow simmer passing away, I cant help but feel the pain in my heart. My thought and prayers are with John's family and friends.John, we thank you for all you have done. You will be very missed my dear friend. Thank you, sir, for all you have done for your fellow simmers and your country.

my thoughts are with his family and friends.may the Lord bless them and comfort them in these heavy times.John,thanks a ton for all you've done,i'll see you on the other side.to this day i immensely enjoy the fruit of your labour.JP.

Sad news indeed! :(My condolences to his family and friends.

Wow, not another one. I thought John was doing better too. I was looking forward to more of his wonderful work. Im glad to have had the chance to work with him on the beta of the Connie. My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. John was a class act. Fair winds and following seas John, someday we will get the chance to meet in person.Jim CampisiP.S. If there is any help I can give in realizing John's dream, please drop me a line.