Sign in to follow this  
Guest drmweaver2

Is there a livery limit per plane?

Guest drmweaver2

1. As the title asks, is there a livery limit per plane?2. If there is, what is it?3. Is there a way around this limit?....For instance, can you create and name two folder with different names but the same air.file and model like this:.......Folder 1 Plane_USA-only-liveries...... Folder 2 Plane_Non-USA-liveriesWill FS9 see these as two different planes/plane sets if the only thing inside the folders are the texture files and the differences relating to that in the aircraft.cfg files?Thanks in advance for any responses.

1. Not that I know of. I have more than 30 liveries on my 737 Experience with no problems.2. See 1.3. Also see 1. ;)You don't need to put e.g. USA and non-USA liveries in different folders - you can keep them all in the same folder. All you need to do is to customise the ui_manufacturer line in each [fltsim] section of the aircraft.cfg, to read e.g. Boeing_USA, Boeing_Europe, and then only the required liveries will turn up under each heading in the selection menu without having to mess about with multiple FD files.;)

Guest drmweaver2

I just "updated" a single aircraft folder with all of avsim's available liveries for the USAF F16C and D models.. only the paints/liveries done by a single painter for a single modeller's design...I'm at somewhere around 240.. 30 was passed looooooooooong ago.You can see how this can increase VERY quickly when you consider there are 7 models for each F-16 (C and D), multiple liveries technically possible if not actually available just now(okay, not full liveries, but different tail numbers at least) for each unit.And I haven't "touched"/loaded any non-USA F-16 paints yet.

I think the limit for flightsim. entries is 200

Guest drmweaver2

Well, I think I found my answer, surprisingly in another "question thread" I made a while back.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ode=full#350348"The limit in FS2002 was 332, to my recollection (scenery layers). However, I am WAY beyond that in FS2004 ... 800-odd I think ... and MS seem to have overcome that shortcoming as all my sceneries show. I think MarkP.S. Want another useless statistic? You cannot have more than about 180 aircraft in any one AIRCRAFT.CFG file. I haven't bothered to work out the exact limit, but I have 230 DC-3s in one CFG and some aren't showing."That's as good an empirical answer as I think I am going to find....So, I guess I need to split the aircraft config folder into multiple folders... ah well, if I must, I must I guess.

Guest NormanB

>I think the limit for flightsim. entries is 200Squawkbox3 uses a VIP modelset which shows [fltsim.2237] all sequential.

Guest drmweaver2

Hmmm... MS FS MVP, biiiiiiiiiiiiig freakin number that reflects what I actually WANT to hear because I don't want do the work splitting the files... I think I'll change my mind and go with door #2, "Monty".Thanks NormanB and the rest of you.Of course, I guess the truly definitive way to check this is a simple AI program and see if plane with livery 202 or so actually shows up. (But that would be too easy and logical... I'll just accept the answer provided and move on... Lol)Later guys.

Guest drmweaver2

I did try it and, sure enough, aircraft past livery 200 seem to work.So I guess that answers that question. Thanks again.