Sign in to follow this  
fablarto

AI Logjam

Whenever I start up a flight at a busy airport, a lot of AI traffic (I'm only using ProjectAI) immediately pushes back and heads off to the active runway causing a giant lineup. My lame solution is to start up the flight and increase the sime rate to 4x while sitting at the gate and preparing the flight in order to let the AI logjam thin out.Does anybody else have this problem? Any real solutions?Thanks,Alden

Guest drmweaver2

This is a function of how the sim code works.... You can't do much about it.It takes between 15 and 20 minutes for AI traffic to really "settle in" according to most posts on the subject here in the forums.OTOH, certain high traffic airports (ex., LAX, JFK, Schipol) WILL look like you describe during "rush hour", but that would be normal as opposed to the startup rush you describe.Things get even more fun (backed up) when arrivals/landings on the active runway get factored in during rush hours.... and the line sometimes just gets longer and longer... Lol.

this happens because fs loads up airplanes at the gate that have an arrival time I think 10-15 minutes before so thats why so many airplanes start at once. there is nothing you can do about it.