Sign in to follow this  
wb5okj

CH Pro Pedals go to SLEEP!

Has anyone solved the CH Pro Pedals go to sleep every five minutes problem? After using these Pro Pedals for about two years with WinMe, without any problems whatsoever, the pedals suddenly go to sleep after upgrading,(?), from WinMe to WinXP. WinXP may be the worst mistake I have made. lots of problems, my HP Professional printer will not print duplex, (double sided), under WinXP, I finally got my E-Dimensional glasses to work after going through nearly every driver in the net's inventory :)and pulling nearly all my hair out, Scanner will not work ever again :(But worse than all of that my Pro Pedals go to sleep. If I unplug them, then plug them back, they work great for about 5 minutes. So far CH asks questions such as, "where did you buy your Pro Pedals". Not a great deal of help. I know this problem has been posed numerous times on the forum, I did a search of the archives and the only thing I got out of that was ArkLight1s pitiful plea for a FSD Gmax Commander. :D Way to go Arklight :DIf anyone has any suggestions I would be delighted to hear them as all the troubleshooters don't do any good. WinXP says these are OK, working fine, but they will not calibrate. WinXP still insists they are OK. They show up in FS2K2 also and look good, they just don't work without unplugging them and replugging.Thanks for listening,Any Help is appreciated,

I unplugged my CH pedals for good 3 months ago and went back to an MS stick. The pedals had driven me mad for almost 2 years and NOTHING would fix them going to sleep, doing a left hardover rudder, or just stopping functioning while flying or landing. I tried every fix known to man and simmer and nothing worked right for more than a session or two.Try another make of pedal. I will buy CIRRUS or something like that in a few months and try again.JS

Try plugging your USB pedals into your very last USB port..

Guest SoarPics

Hi Donald,Have you checked the "Power Management" settings for your USB Root Hub? If not, here's the drill:Start>Control Panel>System>Device Manager. A list of all the devices on your computer will come up. At the bottom is the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers". Click on the "+" to expand. Right click on the "USB Root Hub" to bring up "Properties". Click on "Properties", then click on "Power Management".Make sure "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is UNCHECKED.Hope this helps,

Howdy Greg,Thanks for the speedy comeback and to all the other people also. Yes I did uncheck the, "Allow the turn off this device", in Power management. (All my Root Hubs did have this checked, I unchecked them all,(two of them),).I've also plugged the pedals into every socket I have. The FlightSim Yoke USB, works flawlessly, but since putting WinXp on this machine,the Pedals just mostly snore away. (Wonder what Pedals dream off. Perfectly centered balls perhaps). :DI may bite the bullet and go back to WinMe. I went to XP to run the Meridian. It does that brilliantly, The Meridian was aggravating under WinMe, however I could run it with workarounds. XP is getting downright maddening. :) but hey, the Meridian works!!!!!!!!!

Donald, I read awhile back that there was a update from chproducts that fixed this issue for some (www.chproducts.com). If you have not done so I highly recommend that you also get ALL the windows xp updates, espically the one for USB2 if you have a new computer. I believe USB2 started coming on motherboards last year. You should also get the lastest motherboard drivers for your motherboard. If you have a AMD processor then you more than likely have a VIA chipset. You can get the lastest 4 in 1 drivers at www.viaarena.com. Last update your bios unless you do not feel comfortable. HOwever most motherboard companies have GUI's in DOS now to flash a bios proper so there is not a much trouble. Good luck :) Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 2400 XP MSI KTV4 512MB DDR 2100Asus GF4 ti 4200 128MBSB Audigy Gamer Ch Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Do you have CH Control Manager installed, available from CH's web site? I have found that ver 2 fixed this problem on my AMD machine. I'm not sure about my P4, since I installed CH Control Manager as soon as I installed XP, but the Intel systems seem to be less susceptable to the "hard left" or "sleep after 5" problems.

Guest Stompy

Here's a copy and paste from the FlightSim Vets Club tips & tricks page (http://www.fsgateway.com/tips.asp). I hope this or something from there helps you."I talked to CH Products today and their solution to the USB problem is to buy a PCI USB Card. They stated "DO NOT run any CH Product on a USB Hub, they will not work properly". I was told that all CH Products controllers especially the Yoke and Pedals continually talk to the USB port, and when something else on the hub steps in, WHAMO - bye bye yoke and pedals.""Yes-This is true. I had constant rudder pedal disconnects. Running Falcon-Northwest Athalon 2000+ with Asus/VIA 266A chipset. Northwest said the VIA 266A chipset has "very stout" USB support-bull. After installing a new USB 2.0 card, NO PROBLEMS with rudder disconnect. Have CH yoke and pedals into the new card (keep them sacred) , keyboard, mouse, and DSL modem into motherboard USB ports. All is well in simville."

Thanks Stompy,And a big thanks to everyone else that has replied.I am out of PCI slots, used my last slot for another video card to use dual monitors.I'll try the CH Control Panel version 2. I had thought about that but kind of put it off, still thinking abut it. Guess I will try that next. If that doesn't work, I may get a USB2 card, don't know yet what I will unload, maybe my modem. Actually I should probably roll back to WinMe. I've lost too much hardware with XP. Actually my periphals still work, I've just lost about half of their functions. WinXP says my printer won't do duplex printing, when it has been fine under Win98 and Win Me.Oh well, (sigh)Thannks again folks, the forum is great!!

Please allow me to thank everyone for their thoughtful and kind suggestions.The problem was solved by downloading and installing the CH Control Manager ver. 2.I didn't have to map anything , as my FlightSim yoke does everything I presently need, through the regular FS2K2 interface. Just installed the Manager, used it to calibrate the Yoke and the Pedals, and everything works like always.Big relief. :DAgain thanks and Blessing to you and all of yours,

WOW!Another case of product support?! I have had the ch combo from the begining-had continual troubles with the sleep (despite doing all the above) and calibration.Just got the control manager 2.0-all appears solved. If I hadn't happened on this thread I would have missed it completely.Why don't these companies email you as a loyal customer when a patch, or improvement comes out! http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/Geofdog2.jpg

Worse yet Geof,I have been in e-mail contact with CH for almost a week, without a single answer. I get stuff from them as the following, "where did you buy these pedals"? "When did you buy these pedals"? One time they did say, "we don't support the use of hubs". Product support was nil.The thread above from, (I have to browse back to see who it was), ahhh yes, Capt Richard Dillon, and Gary Dunne, also Jose, (THANKS guys). Stompy too.Everyone had good suggestions, any one of these may have done the trick, but of course the easiset was the CH Control Manager.Of course let me say this in CH's defense. It is probably unimaginable to us the amount of email they get with complaints problems and what not. I am sure it is an impossibility to solve every last problem that comes in. I have used CH controllers for quite some time, and have never had a bit of trouble with them. I don't fault CH this time either, rather it is a WinXP problem, as I have several hardware problems with XP besides the Pro Pedals. I count myself fortunate to not have more problems than this, and I am slowly getting a grip on most of these glitches that I do have. I finally got my E-Dimensional glasses to working well in XP and am now able to use the 42.82 drivers with the Russian 40xx wrapped 30.87 Stero drivers. I could never get this combination working in WinME. In WinMe I was limited to the 30.82 or 30.87 combination of reference and stero drivrs. With the 42.82 now I get really sharp graphics and the text in the ATC window is clear and sharp, readable even in Stero mode. Most of all and the real reason :) I changed to WinXP was to run the Flight1 Meridian without problems and workarounds. XP does so brilliantly!!!...so I had better not gripe too much. It did what I got it for :D