Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot533

Is this normal

Guest Pilot533

Hello, Ive been getting fps of around 17-25 and they drop on occasion to 12 or even 10 for a few secs, I spent alot of money and time building and oc'ing the pc for fs9 and I thought I would have higher fps.DFI LanpartyUT NF590 SLI MCP M2R/GAMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ OC'd @2.6 (260x10)ZALMAN CNPS 9500 AM2 CPU Cooler2x G.Skill 1GB DDR2 800 at 433mhz (at DDR333 in bios)BFG nVIDIA 7950GT 5122x 160GB SATA300 Seagate HDD'sMaddog Lightscribe 16x DVD-RWOCZ 700 Watt OCZ GameXStream PSUIm running asv6.5, PIC 737-300 as a test plane in this situation, squawkbox, fs terrain, ge pro II, ultimate terrain usa, and the clouds are 128bit dxt3 in asg settings. Mesh complexity is at 60, water effects are at low, terrain texture is high, autogen dense, and scenery complexity normal, add on dynamic is off, mip quality is at 6, global texture is at high, harware lights 8, render to texture and transform and lighting is on, anti aliasing is off, filtering is trilinear, extended terrain texures checked, dawn/dusk blending checked, special effects high, all aircraft options checked, cloud coverage density is high, 3d cloud % is 100, draw distance is 60m, and sight is 100, with a resoultion of 1024x768x32 and frames to unlimited, changing the fps lock to say 22 has no effect and unlimited seems the best for me.I would appreciate any help, thanks.

Well, that could be lots of things. Let me see if at least I can point you in the right direction. First off, I don't own the PIC 737, so I don't know if that performance is normal or not. I wouldn't do all my benchmarking with one plane anyway. One thing to do if you aren't already is to get and use FS Autostart:http://www.kensalter.com/fsautostart/Get all those unnecessary programs that run in the background off. Make sure you don't have something running in the background taking up all your resources.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest Pilot533

Yeah ive been using fs as, it doesnt really seem to make much difference.

FS9 can have a nasty habit of searching for non-existant or missing files. As it searches in multiple locations, this can cause stutter.Use filemon (free download) to see what files are being accessed when the stutters occur. I recently had an issue with stutters that turned out to be an effects (.fx) file that was missing.This may help you out with your problemRegards,Glenn

Guest Pilot533

Thanks I'll give it a shot.

Guest Pilot533

Well I have narrowed down the problem, if I lock the fps at 25 I can get a steady 23 and for me that is fine. But when I connect to squawkbox or fsinn the problem comes back, and if I exit sb or inn, the problem persists until fs9 is restarted.

Guest Charlie Hall

I don't fly online but the following may help."draw distance is 60m, and sight is 100"Try draw distance 30m, and sight 60m. This sight distance should look more realistic anyway.If there is any improvement, then try a flight with all weather cleared to check how much performance gain you have. If it is much better, then check your cloud layer settings in AS6.5 (I don't have 6.5 but use 4.5), I have mine at 3 if I remember correctly, but am also considering trying lowering to 2 to see what gain I can achieve. You could find further help at the Active Sky forum.Added: Have you tried the NVidia 9147 drivers?

Guest Pilot533

I am using the latest nvidia drivers and as I said this problem is not with any of the clouds but only with a multiplayer connection. Thanks for the reply.