Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dumoulin

Hello..and my first question (about disabling texts...!)

Guest Dumoulin

Hello all,First post in this forum (looong time lurker....)And it will be the dumb question (sorry ..but I search one hour...and find nothing revelant...) who I'm sure ..was answered hundred time...so sorry for annoying you.So the question:How get rid of all the txts who appear like "game posed"...etc...I read about this trick time ago but not able to find again the post.Thank's in advance for any help.S!

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,In your FS9 .cfg find the (SIM) entry (that should be square brackets of course) and enter the following:(SIM)SHOW_BRAKE_MESSAGE=0This, however, will only turn off the "Brake" message. If you want to kill all other txt, do a search (both in the library and various fora) for "language.dll". Bill Lyons included a modified copy of this .dll in his Grumman Goose (available as freeware here in the AvSim library).

>Hello all,>>First post in this forum (looong time lurker....)>And it will be the dumb question (sorry ..but I search one>hour...and find nothing revelant...) who I'm sure ..was>answered hundred time...so sorry for annoying you.>So the question:>How get rid of all the txts who appear like "game>posed"...etc...>I read about this trick time ago but not able to find again>the post.>Thank's in advance for any help.>>S!In your fsx.CFG file un the "DISPLAY" section youwill find these entries:InfoBrakesEnable=TrueInfoParkingBrakesEnable=FalseInfoPauseEnable=FalseInfoSlewEnable=FalseInfoStallEnable=FalseInfoOverspeedEnable=FalseThey determine if the associated "red label" is displayed.Change them as desired.And if you don't know, the fsx.CFG file is located in your"Documents and Settins"user_name"Application DateMicrosoftFSXfolder as a hidden file. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest Dumoulin

Hello,Thank you for those two quick answer.I think...the first willmake my day as I use FS2004 (that's why I posted in the FS2004 forum!!)Maybe the FSX answer is good also...but this is certainly the DLL..my solution.S!

Guest Dumoulin

Hello again,Oki doki...find the best solution for me with this link from a french forum (my FS9 is a french version)http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=54592Work great...all txts banners removed..and it's great for the vscreen shots or when making vids from a replay of the special FS Recorder.Thank's again for show me the way !!S!