Sign in to follow this  
flysupersonic

ultimate traffic or Traffic 2005

Guest thedoggg

Niether, the best is to do your own AI as the models not only look nicer but also give you better FPS. It also doesn't hurt that they are free. I would start with the complete packages from World of AI, Project AI and Ultimate GA.Carlos

Guest jimmer

if you had to choose i would recommend getting ultimate traffic over traffic 2005thanks jimmer

Ultimate Traffic. With that said, I've spent litterally more than 100 hours customizing UT to use freeware AI aircraft that look much better than the default UT traffic. However, it I do happen across a defualt UT aircraft in my travels, its not the end of the world since they are not too horrible.Traffic 2005 aircraft look terrible and much worse than the default UT traffic. So if you are gonna stick with the default traffic get UT. Also, if real-time schedules and flight numbers are important to you, get UT. ItTraffic 2005 has some features that let you go back in time and see older aircraft at any given airport...if that is your thing then Traffic 2005 may appeal to you.Just my 2 rupees.

I had Ultimate Traffic which was good, but after a reinstall decided to try Traffic 2005. While the planes did look better in UT, I really enjoy the additional ATC voices that are part of Traffic 2005 so it depends on what you are looking for. If the appearance of the planes is most important to you, I would stick with UT. Traffic 2005 also has a Smooth AI module which is supposed to help route the AI planes better so that there aren't so many go arounds but I haven't tried that feature yet.Craig

>whats better ultimate traffic or Traffic 2005 ?>If you really want a good looking AI that doesn't kill your FPS the only solution is to use the good freeware models and repaints. To get UT and swap out their planes is one way to do it. It's still a lot of work but at least you get the flight plan part taken care of.On top of my fully custom made AI, I use Ultimatega and HTAI cessna package for GA traffic. Both are wonderful.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI