Sign in to follow this  

Freeware flight planner recommendations

Guest Lobaeux4

Looking for recommendations on a freeware flight planner. Was using Nav 3.1, but when I reformatted, now the links on Ted Wright's website aren't working. Nav 2.0 won't work for some reason on my computer. FSBuild is really good, but when I use it with FSHotSeat, the city names include underscores ( _ ) in them, that messes with the copilot voice.So, I'm looking for a good freeware recommend to do my flight planning.Thanks,Lobaeux

You mean the links here?http://nav.consequential.org/I just clicked on the link to download the .zip file, and it worked for me.I use the native flight planner, when I need one, mainly to "program" the GPS with a flightplan. Otherwise, I use real charts for my flight planning.-Basil

Guest Lobaeux4

Ah Basil, thanks for the link. The one I had off of Google didn't work.How's the snow and ice treating you. The base was pretty much shut down today, was supposed to go up and fly a proficiency ride, but it was cancelled. As long as the weather cooperates, I'm doing my check tomorrow night. I use real charts as well, mainly expired DOD ones, but for programming FSHotSeat and RC, need something to program those.Lobaeux

I got out for a bit yesterday. For someone who has lived through winters on the east coast, midwest, and northwest, this is all rather mild. But the one thing winters in these parts can have that's worse than snow is the ice and freezing rain.I'm flying to NJ on Sunday. I'm expecting the snow and ice to have dissipated by then, but have to worry now about what the weather will be like where I'm headed.As for expired DOD charts, I once emailed the base pr officer asking for a contact person to find out what the base does with expired charts. No reply. I have a set of expired charts and plates I got from someone who got them from an ANG unit in Tennessee. They are 3-4 years old now. Would be nice to update them periodically. While I'd still continue to NOAA charts and FLIP's for US and Alaska, the DOD stuff is great for international flying. Not that I do much of that.-Basil