Sign in to follow this  
roland

landclass over landclass advice needed

I wonder how to set addon scenery priorities for several landclass files covering the same area.Say I have a rather basic landclass bgl for the whole of the US and I have another more detailed landclass file for a given state in the US and a very detailed landclass file for a specific area like a town/city in that state.Does the priority of those three landclass bgls matter or can they be activated in any sequence?Thanks,Roland

I make sure that the larger files like the whole US are in thier own folders and are down near the bottom of my scenery list. For other local landclass make sure that they are above any larger coverage and that way they will display correctly. The sim shows the one on top. So If you dont have it layered like that, you may not see the more detailed local one.Hornit

Landclass definition files obey scenery area priority as set in scenery.cfg (scenery library) and alpha filename order when in the same scenery area. A landclass file replaces the default worldlc.bgl or lower priority landclass in 1 or more LOD5 areas (approx 300x300 km).scott s..

Sott, could you please explain how alpha filename order does work if different lc files are in the same scenery area?Does it mean a lc file starting say with an A is always displayed on top of or instead of the one beginning with a B?Roland