Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

Best enhanced cloud set

Topic says it all. Im tired of the default or tweaked versions. Im looking at FE at the moment. Dont mind if its payware.Interested in user opinions.THXHornit

FE is the best cloud textures available for FS9 as far as my experience goes.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

FE is the way to go. Fantastic cloud, water and sky textures.Transformed FS9 for me.Glenn

Guest ThrottleUp

I use this freeware and its great:Blue Sky , FS Sky World & Ocean FX (you can find them all here on Avsim)Together they too have transformed FS9 for me. Also if you have VOZ they have a neat little program that lets you use the VOZ water worldwide when you are UNVOZED ...awesome!Although I gotta admit I am checking out FE as well hee hee.

anyone else have a comment or suggestion?? What about Active Sky? Although i just want better clouds, dont care a lot about having a wx program.Hornit

Guest thearrowmaker

I have used both FE and Active Sky and I can tell you that I personally think the clouds in AS are of a better quality. I personally now use AS alongside FS Water. If you want realistic weather then AS is a must. The fact that it now comes with the Active Sky Graphics program is a BIG bonus.Alan

I like to set up my own weather and NOT use realtime or the pogram generating it. Can i do that with AS?Thx.Hornit

Guest thearrowmaker

Yes you can. Active Sky's main use is to automatically download METAR data and configure the weather in FS9 in realtime. It will however also let you pre select any weather condition you like, much as you can in the default FS9.I would suggest reading a few online reviews to get a better overall picture. This is the review which convinced me to get AS:http://www.trajectory.org/hopper/REVIEW_ActiveSky6.cfmHope this helps.Alan