Sign in to follow this  
Epikk

VERY good FFS SAAB 340 review

maybe Im just biased because Im happy a developer has taken the time to create a cargo version and even a cargo load manager! Now I just wish more cargo operators flew them! So far Adria and IBC are the only active ones that I know of

Guest thedoggg

I'm no SAAB expert but I really like this plane. It is actually one of my favorite recent addons. I don't think it should be compared to the ATR. Both are great in my view yet different.Carlos

I really like it too, and the negative opinions are quite confusing to me. I flew entirely from the VC on my last trip and it was one of the few planes that really gave me the smooth feeling of flight. The performance was excellent, so I'm not sure why the review found it to be so hard. All-in-all I'm having a blast with it!

- Aaron

I also am one of the (as it seems) few people that like the plane...I take that back, I LOVE my Saab. I think AVSIM was kind of harsh IMHO.Don't get me wrong, I love AVSIM to death but I just didn't agree with some of the things the reviewer said.

Guest thedoggg

Yes, it is a good plane. I wish people wouldn't compare different planes with each other when they are so different. If LDS made a 744 then it could be compared with the PMDG but no they made a 767 yet people still compare the two. They represent totally different aircraft that are the best available of their respective models. It is the same in the world of turboprops. Flight one has the best ATR, FFS the best Saab340, Magestic the best Dash 8. In my view you can't compare to each other like you don't oranges to lemons. Yes both are citrus fruits but thats about all they have in common.Carlos

I also thought the review was very fair. After three years development I and many others expected more. Never-the-less as the reviewer pointed out all the issues are fixable if FFS has the will to do so.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Now... Will they fix them ? ;-)

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Well put!!!!! and so so so very true. It all depends on what virtual flyers are looking for in a model.My intent is to fly the aircraft as close as possible to the real world aircraft (by the numbers). Granted a well done photo-realistic panels compliment the product, however provided I have proper representation of guages/instruments and the FDE is not dicked up I can handle the rest.Kroswynd

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

there are zero issues except some framerate problems (interestingly enough I dont seem to get them now even though I did when I first installed it)There are personal preferences people wish would be included but besides the framerates, NO actual problems.So again, the review was harsh. Especially when you look one review behind it and read about how perfect and complete and one of the best addons ever created about a certain 757

>I also thought the review was very fair. After three years>development I and many others expected more. Never-the-less>as the reviewer pointed out all the issues are fixable if FFS>has the will to do so.>>BrucebWell put.John

seriously, WHAT issues?? You dont like the look and feel of the panels? Thats it?

>seriously, WHAT issues?? You dont like the look and feel of>the panels? Thats it?From the avsim review:Separate models for Virtual Cockpit and Virtual Cabin Flat and lifeless panels Difficult and non-intuitive user interface for 2D panel switching Readability problems with both 2D and VC Documentation difficult to use for familiarisation and learning Unrealistic sound set All of these points are corroborated by posts on their forum. ricardo

>>seriously, WHAT issues?? You dont like the look and feel of>>the panels? Thats it?>>From the avsim review:>>>Separate models for Virtual Cockpit and Virtual Cabin >Flat and lifeless panels >Difficult and non-intuitive user interface for 2D panel>switching >Readability problems with both 2D and VC >Documentation difficult to use for familiarisation and>learning >Unrealistic sound set >>All of these points are corroborated by posts on their forum.>>>ricardoI second that. And the good news : http://www.flightfactory-simulations.com/d...opic.php?t=1053

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

exactly what I thought.The only true issue is the sound set, which is fixed by a simple download from the avsim library. the rest are personal preferencesso now we have one actual issue. thats it?