Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Dreier

Installation path/location path of FS9 appears changed?...

Help please. Something has happened and I think it may be related to my installation and then uninstall of FSX. In any event, I can no longer access several of my add-on configurators. I get a message that "The FS2004 Installation Path appears to be invalid." Not only that, when I attempt a fresh reinstall of those programs, I get the following message at the beginning of the installation: "Cannot locate FS2004 (Flight Simulator 9). Please locate..." And yes,FS9 is where it always was but something has changed that programs can't seem to find the correct path? Help please!!!! Thanks.

Yes, I also lost my Active Camera registration not to mention my Ultimate Terrain and BirdsEyeView. Microsoft should really work on fixing this imho since many keep both sims on their computers. I, for one, didn't care for the FSX peformance on my system (3.2ghz P4, 1028 ram and Radeon Pro graphics card).

Guest chapstik

Are you saying that w/all the horsepower your PC won't run FSX smoothly?I guess I better save my copy of FS4. I have every copy of FS starting at FS3 and up to FS9, except FS2002. Since I can't get FS98 or any other Flt Sim to run on my PC, for some unknown reason (see above), the point in mute. And ticking me off. I used to have FS9, Fly, FU-III, WarBirds 2005 all on here. Then I reformatted, and now I can't get any to run.Sigh, sniffle, out right tears. Argghh. What else does on do in Northern Ontario in the winter? Carry wood. Wood powered Sims. Hmmm...This problem is driving me nuts.They all run fine on my old P2-500mhz machine. Oh the joy of PCs. ChappyPS. See my post "Can't get any Flight Sim to Run" posted above. Then this post may make some sense.

>Then I reformatted, and now I can't get any to run.I cannot see how reformatting your HD and reloading Windows XP would prevent you re-installing and running FS9 - or any other programme for that matter.If after the re-format your friend was able to install Win XP OK then the formatting was obviously successful. So if you re-install FS9 it should run as normal! Or is there something else that you're not telling us? You said that the reformat changed your HD letter from C to E. How did that happen? Installing Windows will make the HD on which it is installed C by default.What exactly did your friend do? Tell us and we might be able to help. ;) Iain Smith

>>You said that the reformat >changed your HD letter from C to E. >How did that happen? Installing Windows will make the HD on which it >>Iain SmithActually, that's not always true. I had to do a reformat a couple of months ago, and somehow the install got confused with the assignment of a couple of external drives and with a partition that Dell had installed on my computer by default. I think I got G: as my hdd!!!! What Dell tech support suggested was to get rid of the data/partition and once I did that and reformatted a 2nd time, all was good - I now have a C: drive. In other words, it can happen.