Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

#1 Addon of FS9

Hi all! To be honest, I want a new plane, but I dont know what. Short and simple... In your opinion, what do you think is the #1 addon for FS9? I cant figure out what to get. I could use some help. :)Thanks guys, and let the opinions roll on in!

Hi. It might help if you tell what kind of craft you like. Do like heavies? Do you like gliders? Helicopters? Parachutes? For instance, I like all GA craft but not heavies. So your quest is very open to dispute. I would not agree that the #1 addon is a payware giant that kills my framerates.My favorite addon is a freeware Beech 1900D that I flew in RL and an addon panel that, though is not perfect due to no VC, has given me many hours of enjoyment.dolph

Guest Pilot533

If you like GA, the digital aviation do-27 is your best bet. If you like airliners I think the best all around by far is the LDS 767, the wilco pic 737 is the best 737 out in my opinion if you want something smaller. If you are into MD-80's then I would go with the MDMAX/JCA MD-80 because it is the most realistic of the md's out, but you wont be getting a virtual cockpit. I have not tried the coolsky md so I cannot say, some people really enjoy it but personnaly I think mdmax is more realistic. If you like long hauls go with the pmdg747 no question. Stay away from pss and dont buy any captain sim 757's until they release a complete product. Thats my opinion.

RFP747-200 is a nice craft but not available anymore I dont think.JimCYWG

There is a whole list of nice GA aircraft... have you got the Flight1 PC12, the Dreamfleet Bonanza, the RealAir Marchetti, just to name a few..

Bert

I wouldnt mind giving the RFP a shot. I wonder if it is still avalible. Ill have to look.Of the top of my head, the following are the AC I know I have purchased:PMDG 737/747/B1900LDS 767DF A36 and B58.F1 112A, PC12The amazing Cheyenne.The DO-27SR22 and 20. Citation jets by ESDG.Nearly all of the RXP addons.I really think I have almost every major release that there has been. I love GA and the big jets. Anything GA and up is my kind of flying.I think I mainly need to wait for a new release. Ive I dig into my Aircraft folder, Id see all I have. If I look though, I consider what my wife would do if she knew. So I often try not to think about it. Man.. How can you hide this stuff from the wife? Ive got so much, I sometimes wonder if my dog would leave if he even knew...

>Man.. How can you hide this stuff from the wife? Ive got so>much, I sometimes wonder if my dog would leave if he even>knew...Hee Hee. I know. Only my problem is the hardware bills. Addons for free don't compare, but the HW bills do. Haha

Guest PARADISE

Really depends on what type of flying you're into. Commercial,military,fixed wing,choppers,etc. Do you like to fly high (altitudes, that is), low,fast,slow. There are some really good products out there...and some bad ones. Read some of the reviews about the aircraft you're thinking about getting. Personally I like the " heavies " and I like the Airbuses that CLS (Commercial Level Simulations) has to offer. If you're not sure what type of aircraft will suit your need, try downloading a freeware model and test fly it for a while to see if that's what you want. Good LuckJohn M

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,This is very good advice--<<<>>>and will show you what great freeware models there are, and that in itself may stop the dog running off.However, regardless of what you like to fly there is also the question of instrumentation in the panel-glass cockpits, analogue etc and as I like the older panels I will suggest for a trial the followingTupolev Tu-114FSDZigns ConnieCaptain Peter Mercy's additions to the default Fs9 planesJens Kristensen's great range of airplanes- DC-4, DC-6 and just yesterday an early DC-6 with an interesting autopilot, amongst other things.there are so many options!Andy.

Hey Chase, I love the Dreamfleet 727, even though many operators do not fly it anymore, it is great to fly around, some say the VCs textures and depth are lacking but I enjoy it. It is a lot of workload doing the job of pilot, co-pilot, and flight engineer, though. Sometimes I'm too tired from work to fly it. But I'm sure you will get many hours of enjoyment out of it in the Continental livery. the Ready for Pushback 747-200 is also a great addon but a few steps behind in certain areas like VC texture quality because it was developed a while agoPersonally my favorite addon is the PMDG 747-400F!

If you like military jets, try the demo of Cloud9's Phantom, I just downloaded it the other day, and it looks really good. I also agree that Dreamfleet's 727 is grrrrrreat! I don't see the textures needing work, but that's just me. It's an awesome simulation of the 727.For modern airliners, I'd say that the Level-D 767 takes the cake. The level of systems simulation is stunning. Grab the new VC textures that Andre Folkers put on level-D's site, along with his version 3 repaints, and you'll be one happy customer.For GA aircraft, the Dorner as mentioned is probably my favorite that I've flown. it's slow, but very realistic. I'm hoping it opens armchair pilots' eyes to how one operates a real airplane. For old fighters (WWII era), the Wings of Power fighter collection may be what your looking for. They are a lot of fun!

Im thinking ill give the 727 a shot. Im going to look at it. Is it modern? Im not good with the VOR to VOR navigation using only the radios. Im more modern. I do have all the PMDG's and I have been a happy LDS customer since March 28, 2004. Got it right after the release. Its amazing. :)