Sign in to follow this  
TopGun

Once bitten,twice shy

Good evening, From the moment I started this hobby a few years ago, my experiences for the most part have been pleasant. However, I feel inclined to share my experience with a particular company so that others will not suffer my fate.(If I am viloating forum rules by naming the company, I sincerely apologise). On Monday, I purchased the Dominican Aerodromes Puerto Plata scenery from simmarket. Shortly after, I was provided with my download link via email. However, after a few unsuccessful attempts to download the product, it became obvious that there was a problem. In order to safeguard my purchase, I purchased the backup service in order to facilitate further download attempts. After a few more attempts, I wrote a trouble ticket detailing the nature of my problem. The support staff at simmarket responded promptly with numerous suggestions. After trying their suggestions with no success(mainly clearing temp internet files,etc), they came to the conclusion that the problem lied within my system. I explained that this was highly unlikely. As a matter of fact, I purchased another product from them about a week ago, and to prove my point, I downloaded that product again with no problem. Additionally, I downloaded quite a few products since then with no problems whatsoever. Then, to put the icing on the cake, they said that they would offer no additional support since it had to be a problem with my system. Subsequently, I contacted product support at Dominican Aerodromes detailing the problems with downloading the product from simmarket(including a copy of the receipt). However, I have yet to receive a response. This experience has served as a wake up call to me. Henceforth, I will be more careful with the vendors that I conduct business with. It is such a shame since 1)I've never had a problem with simmarket, and 2) I was really looking forward to enjoying the scenery. As it stands, I have paid 18.49 euros for a product that I have yet to receive.J.C. (MYNN)PPL ASEL,AMEL Instrument Airplane

Yet another frustrated experience with simmarket. Aren't there enough of those here already to make you stay away from them if all possible?Sorry for your trouble. Maybe try another download program or a browser like firefox? Just a thought.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

As I mentioned in the post, I don't think it's a download problem since another product that was purchased from them a few days before can be downloaded with no problem( in addition to other problem-free downloads). For now, I'll just chalk it up to a hard learned lesson(and spend my hard earned money elswhere).Thanks.J.C. (MYNN)PPL ASEL,AMEL Instrument Airplane

Guest Charlie Hall

If you paid by credit card you could try disputing the payment with your card company.

Guest cimanera

I try to stick with Flight1 when ever possible.

A nice thought to ponder. I'll check with my credit card company tommorrow. ThanksJ.C. (MYNN)PPL ASEL AMEL Instrument Airplane