Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

Uncommanded Left Rudder Trim

Just recently beginning to get a relatively small but annoying uncommanded left rudder deviation, during any and all aspects of flight, making directional control difficult on the ground and causing my aircraft to skew nose left during flight. Fuel is balanced.I'm using CH pedals, USB, and have calibrated and recalibrated them through windows Interestingly, during calibration, I can see a slow drifting up (increasing left rudder)of the rudder pedal cursor in the calibration applet, so something is not right somewhere. I have also checked FSUIPC for inadvertant trim assignments - nothing. The behavior disappears with "auto-rudder" ticked in FS9 realism preferences, making me think the problem may be with the pedals themselves. I've uninstalled anything I added on or around the time I began to have the problem. Anyone have any ideas?Thanks In Advance,http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Alex: I too have the CH USB pedals. I seem to recall this happening to me in the past. Not with the CH pedals, however.Perhaps you could try unplugging and then plugging them back in?Have you recently moved them to another usb port? I know this to be one way to mess things up. Before you start digging into your programming, try some simple solutions first, maybe. Hope this helps.

Guest Charlie Hall

Sounds like the calibration is not exactly centered. Have you tried recalibrating within FS? If you use FSUIPC there are also settings there, but don't ask me how to use them, I get confused every time I try to muddle through them.

You say you see this with the calibration bars in gaming options. That is the correct first step. Also I would not use CH Control Manager while trouble shooting.Since you directly reading the Z axis output of the peds I would try to reintialize the drivers. Do this by pulling the USB plug, restart Win so it stops recognizing them, plug them in again (another port if available) so the USB HID driver reinstalls. Go into Gaming options and again look at the ped axis. If it still drifts I suspect a definite ped problem.They may be "sticky" so a center return is slow. A cleaning job may be in order. It could also be an electronic failure within the a-d converters in the axis electronics or power supply drift (for just one axis it could be a bad decoupling capacitor for that one section).I doubt this but make sure there is no strong interference from a peripheral in the vicinity of the peds. That could bias the a/d converters and amplifiers.If you do not get an improvement it is time for CH support contact.

Thank you all for your suggestions and Ron for the technical explanation. I'll unplug / replug into a different USB port and see what happens. I long ago abandoned the CH Control Manager. The thing that makes me suspect something mechanical, with the peddals, is the fact that it doesn't happen with "auto-rudder" ticked in the FS9 Realism settings. Does that not sound like the pedals are to balme vs FSUIPC? Regards,http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

If you are referring to the Gaming Options calibration applet showing creep then FSUIPC would not be involved. Only within FS does it sit between the USB driver and the FS aircraft control.That's why I suggested checking first with Gaming Options calibration as that checks your USB drivers. If you were using the CH Manager (which you are not) then that sits between the drivers and Gaming Options by hooking into Windows itself.

This could be a bad potentiometer in your pedals. I had the same problem with some thrustmaster pedals of mine.Usually just involves replacement of a 100 ohm potentiometer and a little soldering. No biggie. If you invest in expensive flight control gear, eventually you'll have to learn to fix it. I have some old thrustmaster F22 Stick and F16 throttle combo thats the best that was ever made (IMHO) but is getting very long in the tooth now...so I have replaced pots and even gone on ebay to buy back up units for parts! Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Thanks for your input Ron.Ahttp://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

Might be not related to your pedals, but i recently got the TrackIR 4 system and had erratic view movements while using the TrackIR. I tried everything to solve this problem, i even deactivated the Active Camera module. Nothing helps, until i uninstalled my Firewall (Agnitum Outpost) and everything went fine. Maybe your problem is similar to mine.Hope this helpsRon (the other one)

Ron: Thanks for that , but I discovered the Active Camera / Track IR jerkiness thing too and found that once I disabled internal pilots view in AC, the problem went away. Not sure what it is, though I've had many suggestions. I think the CH pedals may be crapping out. Initially, after I re-calibrate all is well for awhile, then the slight left drift, like a trim adjustment, returns.http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD