Sign in to follow this  
Guest fisherm

aircraft don't display on create a flight screen

Guest fisherm

I just installed a new NVIDIA GEFORCE 7600 GS video card and now when I open up FS2004, there is a black screen where the aircraft are usually shown on the create a flight area. I had just discovered that my fs9.cfg was still showing my old ATI card, so I deleted my existing fs9.cfg and let FS2004 build a new config file. The correct video card is now listed but still no aircraft are displayed on the create a flight screen. I can see them after I click Fly now and I am sitting at an airport.Dimension 4600 2.8GHZ Pentium 4 non-hyperthread1 GHZ Ram73GB 10000 RPM Raptor HDNVIDIA GEFORCE 7600 GS AGP 8X videoThank for your helpMike Fisher

Guest aarskringspier

Its an Nvidia quirk when your AA is set past a certain amount. I think 6 or higher makes the planes in the preview panel dissapear.

I had the same problem. Press alt + enter and switch from full screen mode to windowed mode. You should have your preview screen in windowed mode. It is an Nvidia problem.

Guest fisherm

What I ended up doing is uninstalling it and reinstalling with the drivers from the CD that came with the card. I started having issues after I downloaded the latest NVIDIA drivers from their website. The card is from PNY so perhaps it has an issue with actual NVIDIA drivers, although I understand its an NVIDIA chip.Thanks for everyones help.