Sign in to follow this  
Guest twoarms

which GA?

Guest twoarms

hi guys just want to know what GA you fly for fast and low.payware or freeware,i dont mind.richard

carenado's 206 amphibious, amazing aircraft i must say

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

How Low?For fast and 'low', I climb in 'my' Cirrus SR22 by Eaglesoft (175+ KIAS at 6-8,000, but will cruise to 15-16,000 easily). For fast and high (25,000 ft), the Columbia 400 by ES (215 KIAS).I also really like the Carenado 206 (and fly it regularly), but it won't keep pace with the Cirrus SR22.Another you might consider would be the RealAir SF260.

If I was confident that my system would run the sr22 I would definetly have no hesitation on the purchase, It's definwetly worth a look at. The SR22 and the 206 however are 2 diffrent machines. As stated above depend s what you are looking for?I so wish I could run eaglesofts products, they simply look amazing

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

If computer performance is an issue, then you are correct, it is hard to beat the Carenado products....or the RealAir products for that matter.Personally, depending where I'm flying, I can maintain high teens to 20's (fps) in my ES aircraft (I cap at 23). I will add to this list though, the freeware Maule available is quite a good performer, but does not achieve the graphic quality level of the ES and Carenado products (but hey, it's freeware, and still pretty darn nice). It is also quite fun to fly.

The sr22 still hits my new system hard. Anyway, my favorite planes of late are:FSD Piper Navajo 2.0FSD Cessna 337Carenado 206 and 182 RG (didn't get the 182Q)Dreamfleet BaronRealair SF260 and Scout/Decathlon/CitabriaFlight1 CommanderIt really depends on what you are looking for. Single, twins? Sophisticated avionics or something simple to fly patterns?

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest Roadkill

I agree heartily with the suggestions made by others. The Carenado 206 is the plane I keep returning to. However, if FAST is your overriding criterion you might want to look into getting the Australian Simulation Glasair III.

I like pilatus for GA, altough its not your everyday 'go up fly around VFR then land' planefor that I fly carenado 182 :) I love glass cockpits and thats why I like the cirrus but I like something like what I usually fly in real life most of the time which would be a 182