Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Any thoughts on a PC12

Im looking for a PC12, I am a huge fan of the pilatus product. I noticed that flight 1 has one which looks very nice however I also noticed that there is one here on avsim. I beleive its made by AFG(allied flight group i think). Im just curious as to wheter the freeware pc12 compares to the payware. I would like to get the PC12 from flight one as I praise flight 1, I never had a problem, never had a bad product come from their site, and they are very easy to deal with. But the problem is that for a PC12 I would rater get one freeware instead of payware but I want a somewhat good PC12.Any comments

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

HelloI have both , while the AFG PC12 is ok it is not as nice as the Flight 1version.Curious, if you are a big fan of both Flight1 products and the Pilatus why would you prefer a freeware model ?.

Honestly, I I've spent way too much on payware aircraft, I have PMDG 737, LDS, A few carenado's, aeroworx king air, RFP 747, aerial foundry's F18, Pmdg 1900, and maybe more i cant think of it. Now the reason for a freeware is because I have no problem investing into more MSFS as I rweally enjoy it, but with all that money spent on aircraft I have never invested in ground and sky enhanceents such as Ultimate terrain(which is what im thinking on buying next) groud and flight environment etc etc. So im trying to keep my purchasing to flight enhancemnts instead of aircraft(for now anyways hehehe)Thanks for the comment

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest Adrian Wainer

I do not have either the freeware PC12 or payware PC12 and I could not say good or bad about Ultimate terrain since I do not have that software but I would certainly recomend flight environment, the cloud textures are beyond excellent.http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=fe2004Best and Warm RegardsAdrian Wainer

The Flight1 PC12 is one of the best aircraft that Flight1 has done.If you are interested in the PC12, I have no hesitation in recommending the Flight1 version... worth every penny, IMHO.Fantastic cockpit and great liveries.Also get the PC12 video from www.flightvideoproductions.com and if you have money left in your FS account, get the Reality XP GNS 430 and put it in the panel. Great combination.

Bert

Guest neslesman

Between Misty Moorings and Misty Fjords and the whole community and freeware add ons for those two sceneries, the Flight1 Pilatus PC-12 and the Carenado Stationaire 206 (Amphip and long range), I'm finding little reason to even leave that region or those two aircraft. Lots of bang for the buck with those purchases. The Flight one pilatus is the one to get though although the freeware one is very good.Now I just have to load up this Aerosoft Beaver and get myself into Ketchican before dark.

Guest neslesman

Edit: Oh yes, since I've just added it myself I have to say that Ultimate Terrain is a must for your first 3 non aircraft addons.

I know it is 8 years later, but...I am a huge fan of the PC12, both in sim and real life. I started with the AFG version for FS2004 and by slowly adding extras to the already great panel I ended up with an extremely well configured airplane with all the extras one could ever need. Additional ADF, forward terrain radar, timers, runway gps, pushback ctrl and air temp monitors. I use the Flight 1 Pilatus in FSX, which is a fine aircraft. In X-plane I fly the Sgier PC12. The latter two certainly are more comprehensive in their control and systems modeling but the FS9 AFG still gives a simulation close enough to reality to make it my aircraft of choice in FS2004. The three versions are close enough in flight characteristics to be able to cross-train, with the PC12 in real life having a personality that is reflected well in all. Whether I am flying slow and steep into Courchevel or online with the big jets, the PC12 sim always holds its own, fully capable in rough bundu conditions or high precision low visibility congested airways. I am a light sports plane pilot and have spent some time (luckily!) in the right seat of a real world PC12 Red Cross air ambulance as an observer/filmmaker in African skies.