Sign in to follow this  
razorseal

whats going on with that 'ultra realistic' airbus?

I remember a company was working on airbus series for FS9... it will have fly by wire capability and all... I can't remember who was making it...anyways, whats the progress with that if anyone knows? and a deadline perhaps?

i'm not sure if that was the one, that one looks nice buti 'm not sure if that was it... I think these guys were gunna do the whole airbus family... they were at some convention recently (avsim one perhaps?) and they were showing off the product... although far from finished it was there... the one you linked me to looks nice though, i didnt read much about it just yet but if that for fs9 and coming out soon?

Guest BrianFletcher

The only thing I could find regarding which sim it is for is in the forums where somebody said that this aircraft has them looking forward to FSX. I couldn't find anything on the website other than "coming soon"and"for Microsoft Flight Simulator"

I think this is the one the team at Samdim are also helping out on? Thus slowing up progress of their own payware An-12 and Tu-134! Looking forward to all these projects...if they get them completed.

Hi all,Here a few links with Airbus projects:http://simsoftworkshop.com/modules/myalbum...wcat.php?cid=13http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&mesg_id=109900http://airsimmer.com/http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=prod_airbus1http://www.things-to-come.com/I guess it's useless to talk about ultra unrealistic things from Perfect Flight, Wilco Fleet, and Abacus.Best regards.

Yeah, I have to say I cringe whenever I see a Perfect Flight product advertised on the front page of Avsim. Judging from the screenshots, its amazing that they actually sell enough to stay in business. Obviously very low overheads!

The SSW Airbus has been a work in progress for literally years now. They may surprise us but I wouldn't expect to see much from them, at least for FS9.The PMDG A320 will be awesome as you'd expect, but will be a fair way away yet and will be FSX only. I do look forward to seeing what they can come up with though!Airsimmer will be releasing dual platform (ie FS9 and FSX) and has some serious talent behind it. It will be top-shelf quality, easily comparable in my opinion to the 767-300 and 747-400 most of us know and love. I'm a tad biased, I know, but I don't waste my time with sub-standard packages so take my word on this one it's going to be good! :-)Wilcopub will release a pretty good package I'm sure, though how it will rate against PMDG and Airsimmer in terms of systems completeness is an unknown.The things-to-come package looks interesting but so far all I've seen is a funny video about a bird strike. A bit more info on the actual 'meat' of this package might be interesting.It's going to be a good year for 'bus drivers I think, and not a moment too soon either!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

"Airsimmer will be releasing dual platform (ie FS9 and FSX)"Although some fail to see the importance of making a dual platform (seeing FSX's performance is seriously lacking at this time), I'm happy you guys gave us a choice. We can enjoy the Airbus with decent framerates as apposed to a slideshow environment and/or FS98 type graphics in the outside world just to get a playable experiance.I was looking at the screenshots, they look really nice. My only hope is you guys liven up the cabin area a bit as that dull gray (walls and seats) looks more like 'Night of the Living Dead' versus a lively airliner cabin. :-)Thanks again for the FS9 version....

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Hi Dillon,I'm just a beta tester but the dev team also have my vote for their dual-platform decision. I won't be upgrading to FSX until Vista is out and stable and the DX10 compatible hardware is affordable. In any case I've spent a fair bit of time and money getting my current set up just the way I like it to go changing now!As for the cabin, that's one for the dev team to answer, though bear in mind things like lighting and effects mightn't be finished yet.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

"though bear in mind things like lighting and effects mightn't be finished yet."Hey Mark thanks for getting back... :-)As for what I mention above I'm not talking about lighting at this point (although I hope this add-on has great night lighting both in the VC as well as the cabin), I'm talking about the plain grey textures that give the feel of a tin can versus a plane (Airbus). The VC looks outstanding but the cabin could use a little more character. I would point to Northwest Airlines internal color scheme as a great example. The Walls are white and the chairs are a dark grey with red trimming here and there in the cabin. Airbuses have a nice cabin for the most part and it Airsimmer is going to take the time to model it, might as well do it right. As far as I can see everything looks good except for the texturing. Like I said check out Northwest's internal scheme (for the Airbus) both day and night and you'll see what I mean... :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Hello,I admit that the cabin doesn't look great on our official screenshots. But the interior lighting in FS2004 is greatly a function of the plane's orientation and the time of the day. It is maybe well adopted to small cockpits with glass canopy but absolutely unrealistic in a passenger cabin with tiny windows. In fact, usually any airliner's cabin is lit by an artificial light. This will be achieved with effects in our package. At the other hand, if the use of special effects affects the framerate (in a bad way of course), we will certainly prefer the framerate.As for the Northwest Airlines internal color scheme, there is no problem at all since (official announcement follows: ) Every airline will get the cabin painted in their own colors.(I am not sure Northwest is programmed for the default texture pack but the paintkit will be provided)

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

Guest SilverCircle

>Airsimmer will be releasing dual platform (ie FS9 and FSX) and>has some serious talent behind it. It will be top-shelf>quality, easily comparable in my opinion to the 767-300 and>747-400 most of us know and love. I'm a tad biased, I know,>but I don't waste my time with sub-standard packages so take>my word on this one it's going to be good! :-)Do you, by any chance, know, whether there are plans to do a A342/343 at a later time?That would be awesome and a good way to re-use a lot of already done code + artwork for a follow-up product :)

By some unexplainable chance I know that there are plans to do a A342/343 and also 345 and 346 in the future...Of course, there is a great reuse of some systems, but the visual should be completely new. :)And of course, any of the future plans (330,340,...) are strongly conditioned by the success of the current project A320. Thus, to all the questions about our plans I answer: we should finish the actual one first.

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png