Sign in to follow this  
razorseal

whats going on with that 'ultra realistic' airbus?

> It looks flat, not any contrast to>difference in high or low areas, which I am sure is prolly a>limitation of the graphics in FS. Other than that I think itNo limitation of FS here ;-)>is coming along great.>I don't see where it looks cartoonish at all. You want to see>cartoonish, go look at the default A/C (Mr. Folkers).>Especially the 747.I never bother to look at the default stuff ;-) except for FSX with a lot of VC stuff that is actually better as a lot of payware out there.Fine if it's ok with you Mr. Laffoon but my standards are realy at a different level ;-) to say it must look at least like the real thing ;-) Thats why we have 7 times won the flightsim developer awards and many more :-lol details, details and skills / talent of courseAs for graphics and 3d work I think to have some knowledge and skills :-lolFor a free ware package it's ok but we are talking here about pay ware... and that can be done far better...Lucky for us this is not the only airbus package that will be released. Have fun in whatever you fly.Andr

André

> Actually, there aren't limits. At the risk of sounding rude > (not trying to be), the only limit is the design choice you > (or whoever made the VC model) took. Actually there are limits. At least in FS9. There is a limit of polygons/number of parts and beyond this limit the VC doesn't show at all. With a passenger cabin with 200 seats we have to save polygons everywhere. Of course, the cockpit details is our priority number one, but we aren't ready to chop out 150 seats in order to have 3D bolt heads in the VC. Another limitation is that FS9 welds points closer than 2.5mm (or such) and thus it is not possible to have very fine details in the VC. There is no longer such a limitation in FSX.In fact, polygon count is not really a great fps eater. Saving fps is mostly the question of optimal texture mapping. Reflecting windows are very framerate hungry - we are not keen to implement them for this and some other reasons (although technically there is absolutely no difficulty).> First off, GDI+ is a poor technology choice. Completely agree with you. But why are you talking about GDI+ ??? Anybody here uses it ?> Funny thing is that MS default in FSX has better graphics as > this pay ware packageReally ? Funny to hear this from a painter, i.e. from a person supposed to have some rudiments of artistic taste...> ...and the developer that says it isn't done bcz for performance> should invest a little more in knowledge...I am not sure you have enough knowledge to give me lessons about performance in FSThose who stay that "both realistic lighting effects AND high framerate are easily achievable" (I especially like the "easily") please indicate me an add-on where this is achieved. So far, I've seen either simple cockpits with high framerate or beautiful complex cockpit with low framerate. But still no beautiful complex cockpit with high framerate. No talented designers in this world ?

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

In another thread he said it won't be out before Christmas. I'm not expecting this add-on for a long time, personally.

>Really ? Funny to hear this from a painter, i.e. from a person>supposed to have some rudiments of artistic taste...That's my point I aim for a far higher quality :-lol (I can deliver too ;-))Yep I have and believe me we developed a lot more packages with a better quality as a lot of pay ware out there...What's wrong with some default VC in FSX they have done a great job look at some GA stuff ;-)A VC without windows is worse as default stuff.... the 150 seats in the back are more important :-lol>I am not sure you have enough knowledge to give me lessons>about performance in FSI have and not only from bitmap experience... do a search on my name ;-) Really read carefully what you are saying there is some lack of performance knowledge in FS ;-)>Those who stay that "both realistic lighting effects AND high>framerate are easily achievable" (I especially like the>"easily") please indicate me an add-on where this is achieved.Based on what do you claim you have the correct knowledge and achievements?It beats me when a developer chooses a cabin with a lot of polygons in favor of the VC ;-) you're talking about performance lessons in FS :-lolWith 7 flightsim developer awards and the AVSIM freeware gold award 2x and a lot more we won ;-) I think I have collected a lot of knowledge over the years in the different version of FS and modeling / graphics and performance...Besides my professional experience in real life ;-) I can teach you probably a lot hehehe :-lol that's the beauty you can always learn from each other I have over the years... and can probably learn from you too ;-)With all respect you are way of with your remarks...As I said before If you don't see it no problem here it's all a matter of personal tasted...I'm a system guy and if those are done correct I will look into the package but my bet is PMDG and Feelthere ;-)But I don't have the feeling of looking to the real cockpit... that's my point ;-) In my artistic point of view when entering the VC and you have the feeling of beeing in the real thing then you have succeed... Last but not least you are not the only developer here with knowledge ;-)Andr

André

> I have and not only from bitmap experience... do a search on my nameWhat I have found is a lot of repaints of three aircraft : aero commander 560, beech 18 and B767. Not bad, I have no doubts on your talent, but still not sufficient to give me lessons on FS performance.> Based on what do you claim you have the correct knowledge and achievements?I have some knowledge based on my experience since 2001... As for achievements, I have some too. Check here: http://samdimdesign.free.fr> It beats me when a developer chooses a cabin with a lot of polygons > in favor of the VC ;-) What I said was "we don't want to sacrify the VC in favor of the cabin", exactly the opposite of what you reproach to me.> Last but not least you are not the only developer here with knowledgeAbsolutely right! That's why I'm asking questions on developers forums. All those experienced, award winning and simply good developers I know and respect (and your team fellow Milton Shupe is one of them) - they are more polite and humble than you - more experienced too - so I pay more attention to what they say, not to a critics like "you make sh*t and I have The Knowledge". Period.

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

Guest LAzerxxx

>Fine if it's ok with you Mr. Laffoon but my standards are>realy at a different level ;-) to say it must look at least>like the real thing ;-) >Thats why we have 7 times won the flightsim developer awards>and many more :-lol details, details and skills / talent of>course>Have fun in whatever you fly.>>Andr

>Andre,>If I may call you that. I was not aware of who you were. The>name didn't jump out at me so I was a little off on singling>you out.>I went and did a search of your name and was quite impressed>with your abilities, very nice work. Congrats on your awrds,>keep up the good work.Be my guest to call me Andr

André

>Absolutely right! That's why I'm asking questions on>developers forums. All those experienced, award winning and>simply good developers I know and respect (and your team>fellow Milton Shupe is one of them) - they are more polite and>humble than you - more experienced too - so I pay more>attention to what they say, not to a critics like "you make>sh*t and I have The Knowledge". Period.O and a link for you to read ;-) I don't deserve this remarks from you...http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/feature/milton.htmThis remarks says a lot over you talking about humble and polite it's impolite to do a personal attack... at least we did it for free ;-) Glad Milton and team thinks the opposite of you :-lol funny guy are you going the impolite way just because we have different opinion...I don't say it's rubbish if you understood that then I apologize..But if you come into a public forum to discuss the different Airbuses I think that's impolite to all the other developers...You don't know me at all and what skills I have also on a professional level in real life ;-) indeed you didn't searched well...I was involved see www.flightsimonline.com in almost all projects also the mappings and performance choices too...Everybody can tell you that a cabin with extra polygons cause performance issues in FS ;-)Have fun and success with your product I hope it will be a success...Andr

André

Andr?,As an outside observer, I don't think samdim intended any personal attacks on you. With all due respect, you clearly have a great deal of talent, but I think he was reacting to the high level of arrogance and the rather condescending tone in just about every one of your responses. Repeatedly citing your FS resume doesn't help matters either.Take pride in your work, but keep in mind that humility goes a long way in any creative community.GG

>Andr?,>>As an outside observer, I don't think samdim intended any>personal attacks on you. With all due respect, you clearly>have a great deal of talent, but I think he was reacting to>the high level of arrogance and the rather condescending tone>in just about every one of your responses. Repeatedly citing>your FS resume doesn't help matters either.>>Take pride in your work, but keep in mind that humility goes a>long way in any creative community.>>GG>Thanks for the contribution and appreciated your positive remarks...As for the resume this the second post I ever mentioned it and regret it already :( True as for humility goes a long way I keep that one in mind already lol never to old to learn a lesson.Maybe my response was a little overreacted due to fact that I find this developer has a lot of arrogance in his post...(action/reaction normally I should have skipped this thread but sometimes you just react at the wrong time) The fact that a developer comes in this thread about different airbuses and developers and claims everything is correct what he says and not open minded for other opinions... or just claims I don't have the knowledge based on what? I apologize if my tone was interpreted that way because I'm not such a guy maybe some difficulties to express his self in correct English...I don't have a huge logo in my sign or reference to all of my work ;-)Still his last remarks I find very impolite and is a personal attack to win his arguments... I have some knowledge there he knows more about my friends lolAnyway I think still the same there is to much pay ware today out there that don't qualify for that level in my book...Enough said for me in this thread just have fun guys whatever you fly or develop ;-)Andr

André

Guest dwojdylo

Wilco / Feelthere will be dual platform FS9/FSX as well. It will be part of PIC series not Fleet series which gives hope for good quality.

Guest usermcm

In my opinion good quality is not an option for me. I just wan't performance and realism to have a good time on my Athlon 1700+.

Guest LAzerxxx

Hey guys,I use to be one of those people that said "I will never pay for an airplane when I can get good stuff for free". Well my opinion has changed on that ever since I bought the CS C-130. I was totally amazed with the complexity of that A/C. Then I got the Queen, the PMDG Queen that is, and I was hooked on payware A/C. But before all that I was a huge fan of MelJets, which have a very nice 747 model with lots of eye candy. The one thing that most freeware lacked for me was complexity. I'm nowhere near a pilot, but when it comes to my simulations, whether it be racing, flight, or combat, complexity and depth is what draws me into it and keeps me there. If what I d/l has enough to it to keep me learning about it from day to day and flight to flight and fight to fight, then I'll stick with it. Freeware, in all it's artistic beauty, lacks this complexity for me. Granted, I love to see a beautifully painted A/C, where I can see right down to each individual rivet, that is not what I fly for. I do this for the realism of it and the fun and joy I have for flight. But what sux is living where I do. There aren't many people around here to share my hobby with and I have soooooo much to learn. But noone to share in that learning and discovery of something new, and for me it's hard to get on here with so many people that have been doing this since the first FS or even FS 95. Cause to be honest, I feel I should know way more than what I do, but I learn everyday from being on here, I don't know the first thing about my hobby, except for the one thing that is most important I guess, I love airplanes and want to know all that I can. I just like flying the sim too much to learn more....lol.Ok, I've run on wayyyyyyy too much. Sorry guys.As always....

>hard to get on here with so many people that have been doing>this since the first FS or even FS 95. Cause to be honest, I>feel I should know way more than what I do, but I learn>everyday from being on here, I don't know the first thing>about my hobby, except for the one thing that is most>important I guess, I love airplanes and want to know all that>I can. >I just like flying the sim too much to learn more....lol.>Ok, I've run on wayyyyyyy too much. Sorry guys.>As always....I think most of us here are hardcore simmers that means that we are all system guys :-) You should look into a certain 767 the best around the virtual block :-)For me the most realistic airliner for FS out there lolHave fun guys,Andr

André

Guest Oneworld

Any updated news and further screesnhots and anticipated release dates.Thanks