Sign in to follow this  
Lseatflyr

Anyone seen similar troubles?

Alright, I know it's very late in the game to be having FS9 technical problems. However, because of that, I'll bet one of you out there has seen this problem and probably knows how to fix it:

(Yeah, I know my landing is definitely a problem, haha - but the problem I'm trying to fix is my excellent visibility until I hit the ground) It should be soupy all the way up to, at least, the clouds...I'm not using ActiveSky or anything - that's default real-weather.Happens every time, on initial penetration of the visibility. When I do an instant replay of that landing, the vis is reset - to exist all the way up to where it needs to be.Thanks in advance,Tony

Hi Tony,I'm watching the video and about 3/4ths of the way through I said to myself "I don't see what the problem is?" until you touched down, then I literally laughed out loud when it did that.As for your problem, you don't happen to be using FSUIPC do you? I seem to recall a setting in there that changed what the weather was when you were "physically" on the ground, which could be affecting you.Does this happen at every airport that you use (under those conditions, I'd imagine)? If it does, as a shot in the dark, you could try a program like FSMetar, which will control the weather from outside the sim and if you get the same thing, then it may eliminate some possibilities.

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi there,My 2c's worth.Have you shortened the visibility in the Advanced weather box? And I make sure a cloud layer base is set lower than the airport level and then it can get pretty murky!! I only use the default Fs9 weather engine.If this is a case of eggs and Grannies.....Andy.

Thanks guys, for the replies. I bit the bullet and did all the homework necessary on all my add-ons to do a complete re-install of FS9. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, so we'll see how it goes. I was indeed having the same problem with ActiveSky add-on weather generator, both installed and uninstalled. And I don't have FSUIPC set to have 0 winds on the ground. If the reinstall doesn't solve the problem, I'll start working on your suggestions.Tony