Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

GE vs GE PRO

Hi all,I have Ground Environment and have been thinking about upgrading to the professional version since I will probbably stay with FS9 for awhile longer. Althougth I do like FSX I feel I can enjoy FS9 with the smooth fps, and still use all my pay ware investments. Two questions (1) Out the box with the GEPro is there an improvement over GE. In other words is it the same as GE but now allows additional tweaking and changes to ground environment, etc. (hope that makes sense). (2) is the upgrade price still available for owners of GE?Thanks Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Carl,I highly recommend it.There is now a fairly complete list of AP's all over the worldThe weather/METAR set-up page is much better laid-outIf you have ASv6, then you will find the integration pretty darn perfect The night textures/lighting is the best I've seenetc etc;)

Carl - I have both GE & GE Pro and I believe that GE Pro is the way to go. Just one caution, GE Pro allows you to build additional texture sets, and these sets are reason that Pro outshines GE. But beware, these extra sets come at a price, they require extra space on your hard drive. This weekend I examined the properties of my GE Pro folder and was shocked at total number of files, folders and the overall size of the directory.Tom

Thanks all for your response,Tom,I may have a problem because my HD has about 7 gigs remaining. That may mean I will be unable to use the complete package. I have thought about adding a second drive but my PS is only 300watt. I am using a 7600GS card whilch suggested using a 350watt PS, TV-Tuner and several USB hardware. I have both FSX and FS9 installed. May consider uninstalling FSX for now.Carl Dell E510, P4-3.4ghz, 2gram, 7800GS, Audigy SC. XP.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________