Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Moon lighting in Real Environment Pro?

Hey everyone, quick question for REP Users... I applied the sun effect as well as others in the Real Environment Pro interface, and now at night my aircraft seem way too bright,like bright moon lighting. (more than I prefer) What has to be replaced in the backup folders to restore my night time appearence? I saw a sun cfg file, but I assume there has to be textures to go along with that??Thanks a bunch in advance.

I believe that you only need to rerun the program with the sun effect check mark removed.Tom

Thanks Tom for your reply. I will give it a try. It just seems strange that it says backup my original files in the configurator, so I would assume, re-running the program and leaving that option unchecked would just leave it in its present state as it is now, since I already altered it once when I first ran the configurator. I will try it anyway. Thanks for your input. I will report back sometime tomorrow. I hope I am making sense as I am sitting here half asleep. Have a good night.

I just tried this out for the first time too and was a little confused about the configurator - I am used to something like the Voz switcher or FS Skyworld which has the capabilities of restoring your backed up files. Let us know how you make out Jeff, I am curious if you re-run the configurator unchecked whether it actually does a restore of the backups. I did find the backup folder and just restored manually, for now.Very nice set though for freeware - many thanks to the contributor!Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 6.9's6x Adaptive AA/16x HQ A/FIntegrated SoundDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Regards, Kendall

Hello, Kendall, sorry for taking so long to check back. No, running the configurator with options unchecked does not restore the defaults for me. I am sure they have to be manually replaced from the backup folders. I have to find which file/files are for the moon lighting. This I do not know as of yet.

>Hello, Kendall, sorry for taking so long to check back. No,>running the configurator with options unchecked does not>restore the defaults for me. I am sure they have to be>manually replaced from the backup folders. I have to find>which file/files are for the moon lighting. This I do not know>as of yet. Jeff sorry I couldn't create a GUI that would make everyone happy... did the best I could. Anyways, there are no moonlighting tweaks that would have did this that I am aware of. Seems strange. Try this... revert back to your "saved" sky textures and see if this corrects the problem, and please report back here your finding.ThanksTim

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Hi Jeff, I ran the configurator unchecked and realized that it didn't restore the textures, but I was able to locate the backups. In my case, I use the excellent file "soft horizons" and play with the max visibility settings in FS9.CFG and noticed some "anomolies" at dusk and thought there might be a conflict with REP's sky or sun textures, so I followed Tim's suggestion and restored the originals. Thanks for taking the time to follow up. Tim, I think your GUI is great. The added feature of using the GUI to perform a restore would be a plus, but it isn't that big of a deal IMHO. Congratulations on your great package and thank you! for your hard work. Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 6.9's6x Adaptive AA/16x HQ A/FIntegrated SoundDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Regards, Kendall