Sign in to follow this  
Guest captandy

Digital Aviation Cheyenne ??

Guest captandy

Does anyone own this bird and if so their personal impressions ?I am seriously looking into this as I am enjoying GA flying these days and the AVSIM review was positive.I have shelved FSX for now since I have my FS9 loaded with great addons and I really am more impressed with it than the buggy FSX with all of its tweaks.I currently have this in my hangar :Aeroworx King AirF1 ATRF1 CoolSky Super 80PMDG 747/747F/737-600,700,800,900LDS 767DF 727Any suggestions would be great ...Andy

Guest ThrottleUp

I just got the boxed version. If you are into GA flying its worth every penny. They have gone all out on this plane. The virtual cockpit is awesome with every swtich and dial clickable with the instruments showing fluid and realistic movement (needles, AI etc). There is also a really good virtual cabin so once the plane is on autopilot you can move to the back and settle down at a window seat. It comes with two soundsets. It is not aimed at the casual simmer. For example you cannot start engines with CTRL + E, you need to follow the procedures laid down in the manual - just like an actual Cheyenne. However its not too difficult to get to grips with because unlike a jet this thing does not blat along at 900kmh so you *do* have time to think stuff through! The external model is very well done as well with the prop animation and paint-jobs looking swell! There are of course internal wingviews :)Now your system will react differently but I do get a drop in FPS with this plane. I usually fly with max autogen, max scenery density and get 25FPS (locked) but with this plane I get 8-12FPS. However if I reduce autogen & scenery density then I get some FPS back.Definetly worth your money if you like propjets, they have put a lot of hours into this and it shows.

Guest jgreth123

I highly recommend this plane as well.I have to definately put in a good word for the Dornier Do-27 also by Digital Aviation.If you haven't seen my video using the Do-27, you can check it out [a href=http://www.flightscenery.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=869]here[/a].I have a very modest machine by today's standards and both of them run just fine on my PC.

Guest captandy

I am not worried about the perf on my rig. I just built it about a month ago amd OCed the C2Duo to 3.01Ghz and I have yet to get below 20FPS with 27FPS locked all sliders maxed autogen on with ASV6,FE,GE,using all my a/c in all weather.ThanksAndy

Guest jgreth123

>Avsim review is on the front page...>>: - )Bert, I'm sure he knows that ( hence him saying 'and the AVSIM review was positive' in the original post ). ;)

You will like it with your new computer, I just ported FS9 over to my Core 2 machine; FS9 and the Cheyenne run really well.. On my old machine, it tanked as far as performance went... The DO 27 is awsome, I have been flying around Flight Scenery's Portland with the DO-27, my frames don't drop below 30 and all my sliders are cranked up.. Eat your heart out FSX!

Guest Spilot

I have a 960 3.2 p4 d cpu and was wondering about the core2 cpu,s I was looking at the 6600 what are your thoughts and did it really make a difference in fps, and is you computer faster overall what cpu did you have before?Adam

Guest captandy

I have the Aeroworx King Air how does this compare ??Andy

Guest Spilot

It doesn't have the wear and tear function of king air, but much better product, it is a must have. It does have a little performance hit on the vc though, but not much more than some others.Adam

Guest captandy

>I have a 960 3.2 p4 d cpu and was wondering about the core2>cpu,s I was looking at the 6600 what are your thoughts and did>it really make a difference in fps, and is you computer faster>overall what cpu did you have before?>>AdamAdam I had a P4 3.0 with 1 gig XMS running a RAID 0 on SATA 7200 Seagates and a AGP 7800GS. The difference is night and day.The only thing I tweaked with this new rig is the Terrain Bandwidth=300.I lock in at 27 and never go below 20 running the addons mentioned above plus I own all 3rd party USA airports from FlyTampa,SimFlyers,FlightScenery,Cloud9,DreamScenery,USA ROADS.I never see a hiccup or a stutter ..... I built my rig for about 1700.00US and most parts are from NewEgg.The older rig was goo this new one is exceptional for FS9. FSX did not bring this to its knees but if I maxed out the sliders I would go below 10FPS with stutters.Andy

after playing around with it today i feel like I prefer the DF 58 and a36 over this one, but its still a very very nice product, i'm happy I bought it, but I probably won't be using it any more then my a36 come to think of it I don't think I'm a big fan of multi engine prop GAs

You've got three of best sim products there Emil. I use the A36 for shorter hops, Baron for a little longer and Cheyenne when I need to get above weather or longer trips.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

man after watching that do-27 vid I had to buy that too...if wife finds out I bought 2 planes in 2 days, I think you guys wont be seing much of me anymore...that do-27 is awesome btw, lots of carefulness adds alot to the realism (makes you really be conservative with power knowing you might break something if done wrong etc)I must say my favorite GAs go like thisDF A36DA do 27Carenado Cessna 182RGDF B58DA Piper CheyenneI do alot of KMIA-MYNN so pretty much any plane will get me there :)

Great plane to fly, but the GPS is a little complicated, although thoroughly programmed to simulate the real thing.Only complaint with it now is a couple CTD issues with the GPS when accessing certain features (e.g., winds). Hans says he's waiting for the FSX update to release those fixes for FS9.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired