Sign in to follow this  
Guest camilo

Stutters are back after reinstall

Guest camilo

Hello,My sim (FS9) was running smooth as silk, I had to switch to another PC of similar specs and reinstalled all my stuff and did the same tweaks and tuning. Now, the sim is smooth for 3 seconds and then I have some noticeable stuttering and smooth again, this is also reflected on the FPS, they are steady at 22, fall to 15-17 and climb again, every 3 secs. approx.I checked background programs and even monitored file access with a real time file monitoring tool, nothing found. The problem persists even if I'm flying with no add-ons (no squawkbox, no antivirus, etc.) with the default cessna 182.I'm running with the usual performance tweaks, disabled every possible service, and tweaked XP for max. performance, defragmented disk, etc.Tried lowering FS sliders, AA, AF, renamed the default.xml, processor affinity trick, etc. and the stutters are still there. Also tried the new TextureMaxLoad tweak.I remember some time ago, I read something about jumping FPS and micro stutterings but I can't find anything relevant to this problem.PC config:=======XP PRO SP2RADEON X850PRO 256Mb AGP (with 16 pipes unlocked)P4 3.2Ghz1GB RAMFPS locked at 22Any help will be greatly appreciated.Thank you,

Guest mwilliamryan

I am having what seems like the same exact problem. I installed FS9 years ago and had it tweaked nicely on my system with good frame rates even while using PMDG aircraft. Back then, I do remember that at first I was having the same stuttering problem as described above. Frame rates were actually fine but every couple of seconds I would get a little jump on the screen. I remember I had to do something to fix it, but now I cannot remember what it was. (Hardware tab setting? Video driver setting?) Since then, I've had to uninstall and reinstall FS9 and now I am having the exact same problem again. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated.System:XP Home SP2ATI Radeon 9000 32MbP4 3.06Ghz512Mb RAMThanks,Will Ryan

Guest PARADISE

Make sure you guys also reinstalled the fs9.1 patchJohn M

Guest macman4

I can't beleive it, what is going on, see my post clouds = stutters. I don't think PCI Latency Tool works with PCI express cards. I'll be watching this post along with mine. Bob

Guest mwilliamryan

Don't know what to tell you about the cloud stutters, Bob, but I seem to have solved my problem (at least when using default FS aircraft). My fix seems to actually have been to increase the screen resolution setting to its max of 1600x1200x32. I had been at 1280x1024x32. Seems counterintuitive, but I'm sure somebody with more knowledge than me can explain why. Runs smoothly now with 20-25 fps for all standard FS9 aircraft with fair weather clouds. Problem is I'm still getting stuttering and low frame rates with my PMDG 737NG. This is the situation I remember from a couple of years ago--things worked fine with the FS9 aircraft, it was just a problem with the PMDG bird. There was some fix for it and I cannot remember what it was now. Need to do more research on PMDG forum.-WillP.S. I installed the latency tool, but it didn't seem to even bring up my video card. Don't know what that means, but probably doesn't bode well for its greatness.

Guest macman4

Thanks for the reply,Will. I had built this computer for my wife, to put in her kitchen, but kind of took it over:P I had FS9 running great on it no problems with the stutters. Plus had FSX running pretty good. Than I bought her a little Dell and took this computer for me. I reformated the hard drive and loaded XP Pro. I have the bare minimums running on it. Just can't seem to get back to the way I had it, Bob

Guest mwilliamryan

Well, I think I was too quick to say I got the problem fixed. Still having issues with the stuttering. Disabled all other startup programs thinking it was something possibly running in the background since it seems to come and go. Going to try the fs9.cfg tweak from your thread to see if that does anything for me. I'm feeling kind of desparate right now to try and get this thing back running the way I know it can on this machine.-Will