Sign in to follow this  
Virgin_A340

Info on military simming

Hi,I fancy having a change of simming and want to fly a few military jets. Does anyone know of any good freeware or payware jets that I could get?I want something fairly complex as I am used to flying complex civil jets and I like a lot of systems etc to play with! Anything that also has a tutorial with it would be good.Also are there any military simming specific website like avsim with downloads, forums etc?CheersAndy S

i second that, Anything would help.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest SilverCircle

Iris simulations has a few good fighter jets (the F14 is pretty nice). http://www.irissimulations.com/index.phpAlphasim (http://www.alphasim.co.uk/) looks good too.However, regarding systems simulation of military jets - MSFS is the wrong platform. If you want a complex fighter jet, compareable to what PMDG or LDS do for airliners, you should look at dedicated simulations. There aren't many nowadays, but Falcon4 and the eagle design products (former Flanker series, now LockOn) are still doing well.

Obvious choice: Cloud9 F4 Phantom.Super VC, superb model, great support.PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Guest Henri W

Hi,I do own the Eurofighter Typhoon by Alphasim and also bought the Phantom by Iris simulations, but this really is nothing compared to the superb Phantom F-4F by Cloud9. In fact, this latter Phantom, together with Cloud9's incredible Aermacchi MB339 is about all I use these days. Until a few months ago I never touched military planes at all. As far as I am concerned, Cloud9 is for military planes what PMDG en LDS are for the heavy airliners in FS9.Best regards,Henri

It's not a jet plane but i can highly recommend the Captainsim C-130 too ;).Great model,a lot off systems to deal with and fun to fly!As for other jets,the cloud9 jets are great.You could also check out the Aerosoft A-10 Thunderbolt II which is a nice piece off work and fairly complicated too :).CheersSteven

Steven Ghion

Belgian Virtual Tigers

tiger1m.jpg

Hi,In the 'old' days I also played with Falcon 4, which is (as far as I know) still one of the best military sims out there.About a year ago, Falcon 4 received an complete overhaul by a company who took over from original developer. I can't remember the name though.Maybe check this site:http://www.combatsim.com/index.php

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

>Hi,>>In the 'old' days I also played with Falcon 4, which is (as>far as I know) still one of the best military sims out there.>About a year ago, Falcon 4 received an complete overhaul by a>company who took over from original developer. I can't>remember the name though.>>Maybe check this site:>http://www.combatsim.com/index.php>>>it was lead pursuit :)

>It's not a jet plane but i can highly recommend the>Captainsim C-130 too ;).Great model,a lot off systems to deal>with and fun to fly!>>As for other jets,the cloud9 jets are great.You could also>check out the Aerosoft A-10 Thunderbolt II which is a nice>piece off work and fairly complicated too :).>>Cheers>Steventhat c-130 VC is a FPS hog imo, and that a-10 is alright... I played it on my friend's computer so I don't own that one...both have GREAT visuals, but none of them offer smooth gauges which make them obsolete compared to smooth gauged planes imo...after I introduced myself to smooth gauges, I just stopped playing non smooth gauge planes...

Maybe you sould try the Saab J-35 Draken from Thomas Nilsson. You can get it fron the Avsim library. It is quite compex and the flight model is challenging in a nice way. It is said to be really accurate too.Cheers Jim

Andy; If you like big iron try Glenn Duncans B-47 available here in the library. Also a B-52 and many other freeware offerings.

Here are my picks:CaptainSim Legendary C-130Kirk Olsson's F-16 VIPER (AVSIM)DSB T-45 Goshawk (AVSIM)RAZBAM T-2 BuckeyeTeam FS KBT F-18E (AVSIM?)CORAL F-15 (AVSIM?)P-3 Orion (AVSIM?)FSD T-38/C-17 combo (love the C-17; wish someone would re-do it)B-25J Briefing TimeI highly suggest ActiveCamera2004, ActiveSky6Best Regards,JimMy rig: Intel3Ghz CPU, 2GB ram, WinXPsp2, NVIDIA GEFORCE 7800GT