Sign in to follow this  
razorseal

we always see 'fav plane' how about a favorite scenery?

I always see posts like 'what is your fav mil jet/ga airliner, what plane should I get' blah blah blah...we never see 'what is your favorite scenery' (well not during the time i started regularly posting here lol) so lets start one... maybe we'll find some rrealll cool sceneries we never knew about...I'll start I guessI love flightzone stuff... they are great! I have both RI and portland... they are amazing! I wish they would do South florida, but I highly doubt it because of enourmous amounts of airports they would have to design and maybe few other things... too bad I don't really fly in portland area but the scenery is sooo nice!

Agree, FZ Portland is amazing. FlyTampa airports are also superb. ISDproject airports are also works of art. All of these complex sceneries run very well, even with planes like PMDG744 and ASV6 running.These sceneries are much more detailed than what's on stock FSX, yet run smoother and higher FR on FS9. Water effects are great on FSX, but every little thing loads down the system and it's not satisfying.At this time, FS9 is still the best in terms of sceneries and add-on aircraft. Perfect for today's HW.Pat AMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

I find myself flying in different "short term favourite" parts of the world. One week it will be EU routes, then another USA, then ASIA for another week or so. It changes.FlyTampa Miami is up there with my faves. In fact I often use the Orlando - Miami route as a test flight for new aircraft.Others are VHHH Thomas Kwok, LIRF and YMML in Voz. All far from the most stunning sceneries, but give great detail vs smoothness on final approach, which is what I am after.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

yeah I have flytampa miami and tampa, both are very nice, but they tend to eat up more FPS then the even better flightzone sceneries which is why I didn't really mention them...yeah for new planes I do KMIA-KTPA route :)the KMIA flytampa goes well with that freeware Florida scenery (i forget the name, but for a freeware its really nice)I was wondering about getting the S Floride scenery from feelthere because it says they designed some of the local airports (for example KHWO which is where I'm going to school (delta connection academy))but they don't have any screenshots of KHWO so I didn't get it (otherwise the freeware looks just as good as that one)

Guest jgreth123

When flying Big Iron:#1 - FlightZone 02 Portland#2 - FlightZone 01 Rhode Island#x FlyTampa airports ( except for Tampa but that's hardly fair )When I fly GA, I often fly in the PacNW so:#1 - FlightZone 02 Portland#x - Misty Fjords / Tongass Fjords / Vancouver+ - Holger's BC/Cascade/Gorge meshes - All of the GeoRender airfields

Two nice ones are Basle Mulhouse, and St Malo, here in the library. Nice for short hops.JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE

My #1 is a bit of a mix of products:(disclaimer: these are simply my favorite places to fly, not necessarily which package is "better" than another. I'm also almost exclusively a GA flyer, so I don't get into the big airports quite as much)1) Flight1 Ultimate Terrain (Can and USA) + Ground Environment Pro 2 (or whatever the new version is called) + FS Genesis landclass and mesh.These products have done more for my enjoyment than any airport scenery could. Instead of enhancing one small area, this has improved pretty much all of the US and Canada. 2) Abacus EZ Scenery - not a scenery package itself, however it gives me the ability to create detailed airports where I want them! There is some great freeware and payware scenery out there, but there are so many cool airports out there that will never get any attention. Rather than flying to the enhanced scenery, I fly where I want and enhance the scenery myself! 2) Flightzone Portland - great scenery! Nothing much to add. 3) FlyTampa KSAN - I've just always loved the approach into 27 at SAN.4) FlyTampa KSFO - Another great airport. 5) Imaginesim Nassau (Bahamas) MYNN - I just love flying around the Bahamas and the Florida area. 6) Flight1 Islands of the West Indies - This huge area to explore has given me hours of island hopping fun.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

For me, Holger Sandmann and Jonathan de Ferranti's Alpine mesh... It's beautiful and adds a lot to flying in the Alps--being able to recognize peaks like the Matterhorn and Eiger is wonderful after years of only default scenery... -John

Guest cimanera

Can believe no one has mentioned FreeFlow yet. They have a number of sceneries. Freeflow Florida and Freeflow Bermuda are real standouts

>Can believe no one has mentioned FreeFlow yet. They have a>number of sceneries. Freeflow Florida and Freeflow Bermuda>are real standoutsI did in my 2nd post of this thread :)I was actually wondering if I should invest into feelthere's FL scenery due to my 2 fav airpots (KHWO, where I'm getting my ATP, and KFLL)so anyone have feelthere's FL scenery? can you take some shots of KHWO and KFLL? :)

The freeware KBOS by George (sorry, I've forgotten your surname) I mostly fly in Europe, but always come back to KBOS just for the scenery.Thank you very much for this superb freeware!!!!!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)