Sign in to follow this  
Guest Spazzz

Need help with a hardware issue

Guest Spazzz

I recently got a replacement computer for an old one that died. I installed MS Flight Simulator and for some reason I couldn't get good FPS. I mean like.. 0 FPS.I checked around and apparently its a known issue that occasionally sound cards don't like FS or something. So I uninstalled the sound card and switched to on board sound.Problems solved. So I thought.I started using VATSIM and took a different card and put it in so I could have a separate sound system to use for ATC. It worked fine for a few days and then one day it started acting the same way.. No FPS. Funny thing is that now it only happens when my Joystick is hooked up (sound card game port)Any idea's?

You might want to check you device manager to see if there are any question marks aginst one device or several as maybe there is an irq conflict..Just a thought,DouglasThis post might be removed er i meam moved to the hardware section..

Guest Spazzz

No...At one point it was showing my Joystick on both game ports and there was a question mark on the port that it wasn't ever connected too. I removed it and restarted and now the device manager is clean.I tried disableing the other game port and the system runs fine.... Untill i plug in the joystick. Then i loose all my FPS in FS again.