Sign in to follow this  
Guest JTEK99

Ariane Tupelov?

>JTEK99 and Big Al>>Silly me! Of course this is an Ariane product so that makes it>OK to post false quotations and non-existent prices.>Incidentally the price is 34.95 euro without VAT so the price>is about $45 at current exchange rates, not $60.>>It seems to me that there's not much difference in honesty>between Ariane and you.:-lolyou really should lighten up and try to make it less obvious about being on their payroll

Alex, okay, you wanted to know about my earlier post to you, and not understanding why you received that from me? Well, this response to MGH is a perfect example of why you were told to throttle down. This post of yours is entirely uncalled for and does nothing more than fuel the fire. Cease and desist this provocative type of posting or you won't be posting at all.

Tom, I don't understand why defending shady businesses is more important than defending freedom of expression and opinion. I'm not fueling the fire if it was already set. My first comment was a joke and someone decided to insult me, for some reason rushing to the defense of that company that laughs in the face of its users when they have problems, among other things

Guest Debosonic

I have to agree with Staffan. I too have the Ariane Tu-134 and I can tell you it is really a very worthwhile add-on. Detailed Russian aircraft are hard to come by. It is as good or better than the great project tupolev tu-154 and the SCS Tu- 134.As for navigation...it is a ADF VOR affair or you also use radar contact. I find the autopilot to be a bit too twicthy on final, but it can definetely be flown by hand too.If you like procedural detail and russian authenticity then get this. You won't be dissappointed.

Guest mikealpha

Hi Debosonic,what exactly are you are referring to, when you compare it as good or better ? Or you mean everything ?And if you speak about Russian authenticity, what's your practical background of Russian aircraft ?Hope you don't mind my questions, in the meantime I got a few comments from Russian simmers (the product was already on sale for a while at www.tu134.com ) and these comments go in a different direction (mildly spoken).Mike

>Well Bob,....it might interest you that the TU 134 from Ariane>even has better framerates than a certain B732. ;-)As well it should, given the price differential. If it went into as much systems depth as a certain B732 and still had better framerates, that would be something mentionable.>...why on earth do you just have to comment? Just curious....Because "those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it." Ariane advertising hype has proven worthy of healthy scepticism time and time again. My comment is based on that history, and is certainly warranted, if for no other reason than to provide a public service to advise caution when travelling in these troubled waters.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest mikealpha

Just as follow-up, found some interesting infos.Apparently it was already tried to sell that Tu-134 via www.tu134.com half a year ago. There's a 10 page long and pretty rough thread about it at russia.simflight.com. If I have understood all correctly, the publisher decided to market that product only outside Russia. One may ask yourself why.And it seems they had some bad luck, also a few Russian simmers bought it, with harsh comments afterwards.Now at the beginning of the winter in Europe and the US, Ariane tries it. Marketed with the Russian cold winter cliche : "Moscow 2006 - Imagine a cold winter night, -40 degrees)".It's very rarely, if ever, that cold in Moscow ..., but go figure.I'm happy the Russian freeware scene is still very much alive, even though they have to take such slaps in the face occasionally.Mike

>>"Moscow 2006 - Imagine a cold winter night, -40 degrees)".It's very rarely, if ever, that cold in Moscow ..., but go figure.Don't forget most of the world outside the USA measures temperature in degrees Celsius, so -40 sounds about right to me.

Graeme Butler

>>Well Bob,....it might interest you that the TU 134 from>Ariane>>even has better framerates than a certain B732. ;-)>>As well it should, given the price differential. If it went>into as much systems depth as a certain B732 and still had>better framerates, that would be something mentionable.>>>...why on earth do you just have to comment? Just>curious....>>Because "those who do not remember history are condemned to>repeat it." >>Ariane advertising hype has proven worthy of healthy>scepticism time and time again. My comment is based on that>history, and is certainly warranted, if for no other reason>than to provide a public service to advise caution when>travelling in these troubled waters.>>Cheers>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300>Santiago de ChileAs long as I am satisfied with a product, I couldn

Staffan

Guest mikealpha

Graeme,Moscow is NOT in Northern Siberia.>> so -40 sounds about right to me.Well, that cliche really seems to work. So a score for the Ariane marketing department then :-hahMike

Big AlJust to set the record straight I'm not and never have been on Ariane's payroll and have no connection whatsoever with the firm. I don't have and never have had any of its products. Your post illustrates perfectly that you have little regard for either the facts or the truth.Read my posts more carefully. Nowhere did I rush to the defence of Ariane. I asked two posters to justify their supposedly factual statements and when they couldn't commented on that fact. That's all I'm going to say in view of Tom's reponse.