Sign in to follow this  
Guest chapstik

A little help, please...

Guest chapstik

I am about to install FS9 on my PC. I've done this before, and had no problems, but I thought I'd ask in here just the same:What is the best way to go about installing and the using FS9? I have the patch that MS put out shortly after they put FS9 on the shelf. I assume I just install the CD as it tells me and the the patch before I do anything else.Then, if I am going to do so, I install the no-CD Crack file.What do you all think about using the crack file for FS9. I mean, it's not all that hard to put CD #4 in a separate case and slip it into the CD-Rom before starting FS9, but the crack file is handy.is there a concensus of opinion on this?Thnx for taking the time to read this,Up into the air, jr birdmen!Chappy

No discussions on the no-cd crack. Against rules and posts will be removed. Install as normal. Run it once just to set it up, then patch.JimCYWG

Hi Chappy,If you have enough space you may want to also do something I did on my last clean install -- copy the whole install, with 9.1 update, the traffictoolbox dll, and any other stand-alone features. The default install will fit on a single 4.7G DVD (if you have one). This way, if you need to restore any aircraft or textures, you can pull the repair files directly from the backup instead of searching through cab files on the cd.Loyd.

Guest chapstik

OK, thnx alot guys. I think you've told me enuf to go ahead and do the install.Re: ,y asking about the Crack file, I didn't realize it was a no-no but it's not hard to understand why. Thnx for letting me know.Chappy