Sign in to follow this  
maxter

FSNavigator and options...

Don't hold your breath til you get a response from FSN Support. I've written them two messages asking about the error message "too many waypoints found" and have yet to get a response. The program is without equal but their so-called 'support' is sorely lacking. Didn't there used to be a FS Navigator forum or am I just imagining things?

Does nobody make backups anymore? If my system melted down today, I would have everything up to a week ago or so safely stored on my external drive. Sometimes it scares me how people organize files/info on their pc and how they've never heard of backups. Not saying that this is the case now though. Just a general observation.

Mike...

>Does nobody make backups anymore? If my system melted down>today, I would have everything up to a week ago or so safely>stored on my external drive. Sometimes it scares me how people>organize files/info on their pc and how they've never heard of>backups. Not saying that this is the case now though. Just a>general observation.Its a good question, from my own customer support experience its clear many FS add-on customers these days have come to expect the developer/distributer to provide them with backup copies should they lose their initial install. They do not make backups, they feel its part of the purchase price to get unlimited downloads.Not all developers/distributers feel this way however, so its best to look at the install/download/return policy after you've made that download.Plus there's no guarantee the provider will even be in business a couple of years for now. A backup of everything you purchase would seem prudent in any case.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

>This is the future. May be out by X-mas.>>>http://www.vroute.net/content/view/26/40>>Jim>CYWGSeems like a very nice program but I certainly would not call it a replacement for FSNav. Does it have the following features ?- Shows map of my route ?- Autopilot with LNAV and VNAV ? Waypoint speed/alt can be set by user and flown by program? Sids? Stars?- Can you view details of airport runways, taxiways, navaids, etc.Again, not being critical as this looks like an improvement of Serverinfo but I don't see it replaceing FSNAV.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000