Sign in to follow this  
maxter

FSNavigator and options...

Hi all,Due to a recent computer meltdown/OS re-install, I have lost all details of my FSNav reg details. Anyhow, rather than go through the hassle of trying to recover these, I thought I might try another similar program to create my flight plans etc. as I have had FSNav for a very long time.I was wondering if anyone can suggest a similar app that has the functionality of FSNav and perhaps goes the next step, whatever that may be.With thanks,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Guest deKoven

>Hi all,>>Due to a recent computer meltdown/OS re-install, I have lost>all details of my FSNav reg details. Anyhow, rather than go>through the hassle of trying to recover these, I thought I>might try another similar program to create my flight plans>etc. as I have had FSNav for a very long time.>>I was wondering if anyone can suggest a similar app that has>the functionality of FSNav and perhaps goes the next step,>whatever that may be.>>With thanks,>>Chris Porter>:-outta>>Perth>Western Australia>Hmmm, I recently went through something similar. Problem is, there just ISN'T anything like FSNav out there. There are other programs which sort of do the same thing but not with the ease of use that it has. If anyone can point to something else I'd like to hear about it. I HAVE heard that it will once again be updated, timeline unknown, but only for FSX.:D

>This is the future. May be out by X-mas.>>>http://www.vroute.net/content/view/26/40>>Jim>CYWG>Thanks Jim,Much appreciated. I'm glad to see that it works with off-line flights as well as I am not so much of an on-line flyer.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Now here's a strange thing...I purchased FSNav when it was pretty much first released.I have had the need to re-install it recently (topic in the first post of this thread).For a variety of reasons, I have lost the original activation data.I have tried to contact the support structure as per the FSNav website, only to receive a short mail from a Helge Schroeder who I assume is the developer. Helge points me in the direction of Simmarket stating they have all the necessary data in respect of my purchase of said FSNav license.Now here's the rub... Simmarket says look up the list of my purchases and you will find the details...Well!! No FSNav on the list and I am pretty sure that I did not buy it from Simmarket anyway. I was sure that I bought it originally from the FSNav site, not sure who the vendor was...Well, I guess this puts me in the situation of not having any recourse, Helge does not want to know and Simmarket does not know either.Any ideas folks?Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

My license key came in an e-mail from Simmarket, way back in 2001. Has it been that long? :)

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Hi Perth,Well, no next step here, just basic functionality but very useful nonetheless.Nav 3.1 BetaProblem is, you will have to load FS2002 and let it read the .bgl's because it won't read FS2004's .bgls. But once it has loaded the 2002 database it has all the stuff you need and is free. Links with a registered FSUIPC if you have it and will track your flight. But I don't have that and I use it on a laptop next to me and track my flights the old way, using navaids and waypoints which are pretty much the same as FS9. Frequencies, airports, etc. are all the same.BTW, there's not too many navaids in Australia in FS2K2, but plenty in Europe and the Americas. See attached screenie.Hope this helps. Dolph

My registration came from some guy named Miguel at Simflight in Dec. of 2000. I still have a printed copy of the origional email.I have installed mine many times over.JimCYWG

Thanks for the info folks. If that is the case, then I am surprised that Simmarket does not have my records.At this moment I am without FSNav and there does not appear to be any record of my purchase. Given that sometime in the past (over a year ago from memory) I received an e-mail with the key from someone from the FSNav website support link, it seems odd that this is now no longer available.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Chris,If you didn't make the purchase at Simmarket, as you indicated you were pretty sure is the case, then Simmarket would not have a record of it. Your only recourse would be FSNav support , or the point of sale vendor if you can recall who that was.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

>Chris,>>If you didn't make the purchase at Simmarket, as you indicated>you were pretty sure is the case, then Simmarket would not>have a record of it. >>Your only recourse would be FSNav support , or the point of>sale vendor if you can recall who that was.>>Regards.>Ernie.Thanks for that Ernie,I did contact FSNav support, but Helge indicated he/she?? had no longer any records of purchases and that I should go to Simmarket...Anyhow, what's done is done I guess, just have to either buy a new copy or get something else. Shame really.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Ernie's program is very good. Some people actually prefer it to FSnav. I don't think it has a moving map though.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest macman4

Yep, I use Ernie's program to make the Flight Plan then import it to FSNav for the moving map, best of both worlds. Bob

Thanks guys, i'll have a look at FSBuild (I presume thats what you are talking about). I'm mainly looking for the nav data and creating flightplans that I can import into MSFS.Cheers and thanks again,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Guest deKoven

>My registration came from some guy named Miguel at Simflight>>in Dec. of 2000. I still have a printed copy of the origional>email.>I have installed mine many times over.>>Jim>CYWGHmmm, I have to thank yez for the pointer. I too had to reinstall FS and had lost the email for the registration. I went up to Simflight this AM and "Lo, the registration info is THERE!", along with the info for FSUIPC which I also needed to reinstall. Finally I can get things moving again. :D