Sign in to follow this  

Facility information & runway designators!

Does anyone know where to edit the Facility Information? It isn't in AFCAD is it??http://members.chello.se/oscar/Edit.jpgWhat I would like to change is the runway heading for 01L/19R & 01R/19L to the correct value which is 007 not 008 as the Facility Info tells.I wan't to change it because I think that it's causing my PIC autoland funcion to malfuncion...

I would also like to know why AFCAD doesn't change the runway designator in the airport selection menu.This is what I'm talkning about:http://members.chello.se/oscar/Eham1.jpgWhen selecting runways at Schiphol I can select 1L, 19R, 19L etc etc. Those are the old designators, I have changed them to the correct once in AFCAD, that change is visible only in the GPS, looks like this:http://members.chello.se/oscar/Eham2.jpg01L is now 36C, 19R is now 18C, 19L is now 18L, and the new Polderbaan is visible too, just as it should be!Why isn't the correct runway designators visible when selecting runways in the airport selection menu? How do I change that?
Would be thrilled if someone could sort things out for me! I'm confused... ??? ::)

As you found out, some of the data in the AFDFile is used for the Map View/GPS Map information but not the Runway/Staging Position Selection. I believe that the Runway designation is from the Visual scenery file(s) for the airport and not the AFCAD file. However, all the gates, taxiway, frequencies, and other information is provided to the Map View and some of the data to the GPS Map.I tried a test of the tutorial for Airport for Windows where you build an airport in the middle of nowhere. I have an AFDFile for that Airport. If I try changing the Runway designation just in the AFCAD file, the change only shows up in Map View/GPS Map. It doesn't show up on the Runway/Staging Position window.If I change the runway heading in my visual scenery *.bgl, the change is copied to the Runway/Staging Position window as well as the AFCAD file.In conclusion, you would have to amend both the visual scenery and AFCAD files to completely make the changes noted.

Ok thanks for sorting it out for me!Is there .bgl editor? SDK?? I've heared that LAGO will release an update that will correct the designators at Schiphol!And for the Arlanda ILS heading, if there isn't a .bgl editor the only thing to do is to contact the Swedflight team and ask them to release an updated .bgl where the heading for the runways are correct! Right?