Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

Throttle revving during taxi - anyone have a fix please?

Guest ThrottleUp

Hallo friends http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/a...-smiley-030.gifOn a couple of my planes (mostly the 737s) the throttle revs up and down a bit madly as it tries to keep to the taxi-speed I have assigned in the ground-handling gauge I have. I dont see this problem in other jets where I can assign a taxi speed (usually 8-10kts) and the engines purr smoothly as the autothrottle keeps to the speed.But on the 737s the levers do a little dance and the sound of course gets highly annoying :(If any of you out there have had this problem and have fixed it - please do share :)Thanks!!!!!!!!

Guest delsimflyer

In autopilot response time for autothrottle adjustment is somewhat kept high because once a setting is set by the onboard comp, it needs to wait for a few secs for the plane to respond. After this it monitors the speed and adjusts itself further quite slugishly to keep up with the slow response of aircraft airspeeed on inc/dec thrust. This obviously means that lighter aircrafts need an autopilot programmed to handle quick responses whereas massy ones require a different one. The problem further complicates when asking the autopilot to adjust taxi speed, main problem being the turns where the autopilot may set the throttle to extreme high to maintain the speed and in case of a 737 after completion of the turn may not come back to normal as soon as you expect them to be. So you need to have very precise timings for response time and the amount of thrust to respond with which will be specific for a small range of models. This is what might be the problem with your gauge. Try altering some of its settings for the 737. Hope this helps.

Guest RonB49

What do you expect with a handle like "ThrottleUp." Your sim is just trying to please you. And when it does, it goes too fast and must back off. Try changing your screenname to "ThrottleSteady" and see if that fixes it.;) R-

In most aircraft the autothrottle can not and should not be engaged while on ground contact during taxi. It should only be activated when lined up for takeoff and given take-off clearance and never used during taxiing. Some Boeings have the TOGA button which with FD and AP engaged will get you going for the take-off roll.On several models AT is independent of AP enable. Defaults appear to have AT remaining engaged even with AP off.The answer to unstable throttle bounce with AT not in effect might be a noisy pot in the throttle control or USB noise in the control/driver setup called spiking. The fully registered payware FSUIPC can have axis noise filtering enabled.During manual power control with turbo props orjets, the inherent turbo lag (spoll-up or spool-down) is not considred so the user increases power more only to overshoot the desired setting rather than waiting for the thrust to catch up to the throttle setting.In addition for turbo-props insure your throttle condition lever is set at beta or ground idle, not the higher flight idle position.

OOh!! that was a good one. Nevin, he may have a point. I vote for "ThrottleSteady" or "ThrottleDown.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________