Sign in to follow this  
mnmon

Aerosoft Cheyenne

As a follow-up to the thread of about a week ago, I just bought the Aerosoft Cheyenne and got it over the weekend. :-jumpy It's the turboprop I've been looking for for 3 years. I have others but this seems to be the real keeper. The most important aspect for me is the flight model. The others had several flaws, but this one is right on. I also enjoy a model that requires me to understand and operate properly all the aircraft systems; ala PMDG. The Aerosoft Cheyenne also excels here. I'm not really trying to plug here, but just to recognize a really superior payware add-on. Who says FS9 is dead? :D Mike

Guest jgreth123

Just to clarify, it's not the Aerosoft Cheyenne.Aerosoft is just the publisher. You can get the plane from SimMarket or Flight1 as well. The creators are Digital Aviation.While Aerosoft is an aircraft developer on their own, they deserve no credit for this plane.

Guest jgreth123

I didn't mean to 'sound' (over text) rude, I just see a lot of people post accolades and give credit to the wrong people is all. :)

Thanks for the feedback Mike. I have been thinking about that airplane for the next plane I buy. I will get it before I spend any money on FSX.My top of the turbo prop line that I have now is the Aeroworx B200.When the B200 first came out it was a bear for me to fly from an FPS standpoint and the prop animation was crappy. I even turned down my sound acceleration from full to standard trying to improve my FPS. After they came out with the B200 V2.0.1 version where they removed or did something to the GPS, things changed from night and day. It is truly fun to fly now with good prop animation. One forum poster said if your system can run the B200 then it can handle the VC in the Cheyenne. The Cheyenne sales movie is great. I'm a sucker for chrome spinners and good prop animation.I pretty happy with FS9 right now and I can't really put my finger on why that has changed. A few people are saying that it is the DX9 Oct update. I didn't personally install the DX9 update so it must have come through the Microsoft update service because I can see about 18 files in my DX9 that have a 10-29-06 date. Digital Aviation is putting out some good stuff which includes the Do-27 from what I can tell.Daryll

Guest jgreth123

>>I think we should also make the distinction between Digital>Aviation's Cheyenne and the FSD International Cheyenne 400>LS.>>Daryll As far as I know, FSD doesn't sell through other publishers. In order to get an FSD plane you'll have to go through the FSD site.He mentioned the Aerosoft Cheyenne. I merely corrected that Aerosoft is merely the publisher and not the developers of the plane.

I've been with the Aeroworx KingAir for quite awhile, but I always thought it still had some issues with the flight model; especially on approach where most trouble usually shows up. The DA Cheyenne seems, so far, extremely good in the flight model. Except for smaller planes, like 172's, etc., I never use the VC, and won't with the Cheyenne, so my comments only apply to the 2D version. Thanks for the reminder about the DX update; haven't gotten around to doing that yet ;-) Mike

Guest Crimguy

I just got their (Digital Aviation, that is) Do-27, and am also very impressed with it.I fly the Aeroworx B200 regularly, and am a big fan of the turboprops, when they're done right that is.

Guest aca_dia

Not seeing the DA Cheyenne at Flight1. Is it off in a corner or was it removed?

The DA Cheyenne is only available through Aerosoft.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

... it's also available at SimMarket.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

"... it's also available at SimMarket."...as the Aerosoft Online Cheyenne ;)

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Agree Mike. This is an incredible airplane from the systems modelling to the FDE, nice sound set, just a real joy to fly either short GA hops or will get up to FL290 and take you 1000nm.I'm still struggling with the Trimble GPS though but might experiment with a retrofit on that.But this is in a class with the Aeroworx B200, IMHO.Thanks for bringing it to light. I'd highly recommend this airplane, has become one of my all time favorites for FS9.Chris

Two thumbs up on the DA Cheyenne from me as well. Well done with the one exception of the buggy and pretty much unuseable Trimble 2000 GPS, but a retrofit of the RealityXP 530 is providing relief until Hans fixes the Trimble.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case