Sign in to follow this  
Guest bradzim

Airbus A318/19/20?

Guest bradzim

Are there any good A318's 19's or 20's out there that have a realistic flight model and model all of the systems correctly? I am looking for something with an FMC, accurate cold/dark starts, ect. In addition, I would love to fly from the VC. Anything out there? I heard of PSS, but heard bad reviews. ThanksBZ

Guest Northy

Hi,I bought the PSS airbus pro package when it first came out for fs2002,it was updated for FS9 and I've recently reinsalled it on my system. And to be honest I love flying it..... The flight dynamics aren't brilliant,but there is a merge out there with the IFDG model,and there are other flight dynamics available here in the libray too. A lot of people prefer flying the IFDG model with the PSS panel. I tried the merge but prefer the PSS model.A little tweaking of the flight dynamics of the PSS model and it flys like a dream for me. You mention a VC....The PSS VC was originally designed for FS2002 so the VC is not very functional(well hardly at all).But it has all the systems you mention.Hope this helps,Regards,Martin.

Brad,In the coming months and beyond, a number of A32X packages will appear. One in particular I'd suggest a look at is the Airsimmer A318/319/320/321 package.See it here at www.airsimmer.comIt is shaping up to be a top-shelf quality addon, and smooth performance on a range of machines is a design consideration. What I've seen so far matches the hype I can tell you!While the PSS effort was good in its day, that day was 2+ years ago, and it simply won't match up to anything released in the past year and a bit. If you can handle waiting for a bit, then you'll not regret it.Cheers

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Looking good Mark. Will you be releasing this for FS9? I would assume so, but would just like to make sure before getting too excited.

Guest Northy

Hi Mark,Yea certainly looks very good,would love this in my FS9 hangar?Regards,Martin.

Checkout the World Airlines Pack by Overland (Japanese company). They include an A319, A320. The whole pack includes: B737-700,B737-800,B737-900,B747-400,B767-300ER,B777-200,B777-300,B777-300ER,A300-600R,A319,A320,A321,A330-200,A330-300,A340-200,A340-300,A340-500,A340-600,A380-800,MD-11They all have VC. Can't say how accurate or how much of the flight systems are modeled but I luv flyng them and they look great, good FPS. Worth a look and a good value for the price for all the models and liveries you get.ClutchProject 9 Dragons

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Hi Clutch,I agree the Overland series is a good fundamental plane. I purchased the Airbus Series only and have been pleased. Good VC and flight model. However, I think BZ was looking for a more detailed plane with FMC, which the Overland is not. A PMDG or Level D airbus is not available to my knowledge. I think there is one airbus out there that has a functional FMC but I can't remember whilch one.."A senior momnent". Oveerland series is also easy to convert to FSX.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Yes it will be an FS9 and FSX release to the best of my knowledge. I'm only on the beta team so unable to comment with more authority than that.One distinguishing feature of the airsimmer package - as opposed to the older packages already out there - is that the various fly by wire control laws will be simulated properly.www.airsimmer.com has a feature list for drooling over plus some good screenies of the work in progress. This aircraft is a VC junkie's heaven!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Yes, Wilco/Feelthere are releasing a package, unknown if it is for FS9 or FS10. PMDG will be releasing one but that will be a while and that is for FSX only. I keep looking at the Airsimmer one. I hope it is for FS9 and if so, this is the one I am buying. The feature list is immressive and I am of course a VC junkie with my TrackIR 4. I hope it is not much longer on this one.

Eric 

Guest usermcm

Yes, that's true. I am also looking forward to the Airsimmer Airbus. I really hope it will be out soon. Does someone know if it will be out before Christmas? Thank you:) Regards.