Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

Aerosoft - Scandinavian Airports 1

Been wanting to do a little flying during the winter months in Denmark Norway,and Sweden. Was wondering if anyone has bought this payware scenery and could provide their impresssions if it is any good. Would like to take advantage of their special price of around $25 for all 9 airports. Thanks,Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

This is an aging package, not good not bad. Serviceable. Heavy on framerates. No comparison with Aerosoft's own EDDF and Fly Tampa's Vienna.ricardo

Thanks Ricardo,I was afraid it was dated. I have both EDDF and several Fly Tampa's. They are very good with good fps and plenty of movement.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I have the bundle but so far have just been in and out of Copenhaagen. It was pleasing but I was concentrating on the aircraft manipulation and was not concentrating on FPS. I do not recall stuttering. I am using the PMDG 737NG-800 and -700 on these flights. The charts that come with these sceneries are very nice and complete.I also have their French and Spanish bundles making European regional runs interesting. It looks like they may have rereleased the Ballearic Islands which includes Palma De Mallorca, an intermediate stop and resort by itself.Check out the real routes available from hlx.com and airberlin.com. Both offer complete schedules in .pdf format.

Hi Ron,Is this package in line with your French and Spanish bundles are is it much older? I have decided to stay with FS9 for at least another year or even two,but would not purchase anymore payware unless it is "on sale". This package is about 50% off so if it is at least better than the default scenery I would go for it assuming the fps are ok. I already have EDDF, EDDM, LFPG, EGLL, Paris CDG,payware and several freeware. The description stated dynamic ground traffic but did not mentioned active jetways. Were you able to confirm that when you were in Copenhaagen?Thanks for your input,Carl

Carl

Hi,Have a look at these:http://www.swedflight.com/They are used by most of the members of the Scandinavian VA.Scenery is good, and not too heavy on the framerates.For Norway I would recommend the freeware Norway Airports package,available here:http://www.flightsim.no/norway/naframe_e.php?del=start_e

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

>Been wanting to do a little flying during the winter months>in Denmark Norway,and Sweden. Was wondering if anyone has>bought this payware scenery and could provide their>impresssions if it is any good. Would like to take advantage>of their special price of around $25 for all 9 airports. >I got one based on this called Scandinavian Airports II. I have two problems with it1) Decreases my fps by about five and introduce stutters.2) Problem using it together with UT Europe and FSGenesis mesh therefore at the area where I live (north of Gothenburgh) I see misplaced roads and river flowing over hills. Also other objects misplaced.

Thanks,You have essentially confirmed what I have found out from a reviewer concerning Scandinavian I. Poor fps, disappearinig buildings and stutters. I think he gave it a 2 or a scale of 5. Guess that is one of the reasons why Aerosoft has it on sale.Will pass on this one and wait for another sale somewhere. Carl

Carl

Check out Egbert's links above.There is so much excellent freeware available for Norway, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, etc. that there is really no need to spend money....at most, a good mesh (which there is also freeware available) and land-class/terrain like UT Europe...but there are some good freeware for that as well.Some of the best flying available for FS, bar none.

Egbert,Thanks for the sites. I am familiar with the Norway airports but unfamilaiar with the Swedflight. Will check them out.Carl

Carl

There is some minimal ground traffic, those electronic gate marshalling signs are working, static tugs with blinking lights, Skychef trucks at parked AI, no active jetways. It is good looking and detailed.I did not check the date but the printed Jepp charts in the package ran from 2000 to 2003.I did not check out FPS with all of my non-critical processes shut down but with a parked PMDG 737NG-800 with two AI in view It ran about 17 FPS, good enough for me. I was not getting a slide show.Each airport is different regarding dynamic objects but they are limited as far as vehicles.My overall impression is that I liked it.WXP1, 3.2 GHz CPU, 6800 GT Graphics. 1.25 Gbh RAM.The bundles are still offered by the way at quite a savings.